They're Alive

The next morning Jack woke up to a very sweet smell coming from what he thought was the kitchen. He looked beside him and saw that Spot was not in the bed. Jack got out of bed and made his way to the kitchen. In the kitchen he saw Maria and Spot. The two of them turned and saw Jack standing in the doorway. "What are you doing standing? Come have some muffins. They're chocolate chip", Maria said.

Jack went over to Maria and Spot, who were standing next to the wooden table in the middle of the kitchen. On the table were the chocolate chip muffins. Jack grabbed one and took a bite. "Oh my gosh. These are so good. What did you say they were again?" "They are chocolate chip muffins", Maria said. Jack licked his lips.

"I've never had muffins before. I've heard people say that they were good, and I thought they were lying." Spot and Maria were surprised. Who would think that anyone has gone so long without trying muffins? "I should water my plants", Maria said as she left the kitchen. Spot sat down in a chair at the table.

"Spot, is it ok if I call you Noah?" Jack asked. Spot grabbed a muffin off the plate and said, "I don't mind it." Jack smiled and grabbed himself a muffin as well. Jack took a bite of the muffin. "Well then, Noah, I just remembered that today is my mom's birthday." Noah took a bite of his muffin and said, "Yeah. She would be 38 then."

"Noah? Do you know who your parents are?" Noah stopped eating his muffin and sat it down on the table. "No. I don't know who my parents are. I used to live with Maria and then these people came and took me. They left me in the middle of the forest and then this woman found me. She told me that I had to watch over you and so that's what I did."

"What did the woman look like?" "She had bright blue eyes. If you stared into them long enough you might go blind. Her skin was a little pale. Very similar to your skin. Her hair was so long and it was golden blonde. It looked like pure gold. She was so sweet and nice. I could tell that she had a kind heart even though I had only known her for one day. Now that I think about it you remind me of her. You're pretty sweet too."

Jack smiled and took a bit of his muffin. "Was that the only time you've seen her?" Noah nodded. "I wish I could see her again. She must've known your parents if she knew you needed to be protected." Jack thought about everything Noah had just said. What if that woman was his mom? It makes sense really. Her skin complexion was similar to his and she was very sweet just like he was. Juliana and Jannet were also very sweet.

"Noah, what if that woman was my mom? She's sweet like me, Juliana, and Jannet, her skin complexion is similar to ours, and she knew that I needed to be protected. It makes sense." Noah shook his head. "No, it doesn't. You guys look nothing like her. Unless she has two different forms of her body then there is no way that she was your mom."

Jack looked behind him and saw Lana and Hannah come into the kitchen. "Guys, you have to try these things. They're called muffins and they have chocolate chips", Jack said. Hannah grabbed one and ate it. "Jack, you're right. These things are so good. I wonder if Maria has any chocolate chip cookies." Lana ate one of the muffins but didn't say anything about them.

Maria came back into the kitchen and saw that everyone was enjoying the muffins. "Save some for me. I am the one who made them after all." Maria grabbed herself a muffin and ate it. "Jack, you'll be having a visitor later today", Maria said. "Who will it be?" Maria ate another muffin and said, "It's this woman. Golden hair, shiny blue eyes, and everyone says she's very sweet."

Jack and Noah looked at each other. "Why is that woman coming here?" Noah asked. Maria shrugged and said, "She says that she wants to see Jack. She has something to tell him. Why do you ask anyways? It's not like she's coming to visit you of all people." Noah rolled his eyes and said, "Actually she's visited me before. She's the one who told me to look after Jack." Maria, Lana, and Hannah stopped eating muffins and looked at Noah.