Going back home

Y/n's POV: it's the next morning. I wake up a bit earlier than usual and Jaeden is still sleeping. Usually I just wake him up so we can get the day started, but as cliche as it sounds it's gonna be the last time I wake up next to him for awhile so I wanna wait a lil.

Eventually he wakes up "good morning" he says to me. "Good morning" I say back. The moods not the same as it usually is. I'm sure both of us are really glad the stress of always running is over but it's bittersweet.

I'm gonna miss spending every moment of every day with him, even if we weren't always in the best mood. I'm scared things will change when we go back.

Jaedens POV: we both have nothing to say. It's not anger it's not awkwardness. It's overwhelming. "Can you believe it" I ask trying to break the tension.

"Hardly, I feel sick to my stomach I actually can't believe we're doing this." She responds.

"Think of it this way, we go back and we're not a secret anymore, then we can go on real dates not just hotels right." I say.

She laughs a little and I can tell she feels better which makes me feel better.

"We should get packing out of the way then we can hang out before we have to leave" y/n suggest.

Y/ns pov: we spent around an hour packing. By the time we're done David walks into our room.

"Damn, so quick to leave y'all getting sick of eachother?" He says.

"No, we just figured if we got it out of the way earlier we'd have some time to kill before we leave" Jaeden says.

David smirks. "Not like that" I say.

"Whatever, Jonathan and I will finish packing, we'll get food. And we'll discuss the rest of the plan in the car, when I figure it out." He says going back to his room closing the door behind him.

"What do you think it'll be like" Jaeden ask. "What do you mean" I respond.

"That moment when u see you see your house for the first time, see your siblings, your mom." Jaeden says.

"I don't know. Imma cry for sure. I just hope she's not mad. The fact that i know I'm gonna see her again today and she doesn't know she's gonna see me gives me goosebumps" I respond

"Yeah I get that. I think she'll be happy just to know that you're safe. She might be a little pissed abt the money." He says.

"True"

David bust in the room with Jonathan. "Y'all ready." David ask. I take a deep breath and in union me and Jaeden say "yes". We get our bags and go to the car.

"You're explaining this to the family ok" Jonathan says as we're leaving. We get in the car and start pulling out.

"We'll what's the plan" I ask. "We'll we got a long car drive ahead of us first off but here's what I got so far" david says.

"First we're ALL, you too Jaeden, taking y/n home. We have to make sure the timings right. Y/n you're gonna text Michael before u get there to let him know your on the come up" david says.

"What" I say. "Omg do I really have to repe-" David's cut off. "I'm sorry did u just say you're on the come up" Jaeden ask. We're all starting at david for 5 seconds.

"Ok now Jaeden we know what we're doing, just taking u to ur uncles." David finishes. "Inspiring" jaeden says under his breath.

We're driving for a bit and my stomach is in knots.

"Hey jaeden" I say. "Yeah" he responds. "Remember when we were on the bus to Michigan and how nervous we were" I ask.
"And now we're feeling that but worse on the car ride home" jaeden responds.

"Exactly, the only difference is that we're older" I say. "Just by a year" jaeden laughs.

We cross the border to Iowa that was the scariest part. Driving past the bus station, the gas station, the school, my street....