New house, New school

Y/n's POV: I'm driving in a car. To where you might ask? Iowa. Fucking. Iowa. We used to live in Tennessee, but thanks to my dad getting a new job we had to move. As we keep driving eventually we come to a stop. "Ah here we are" my dad goes. I look over and my brother was still sleeping. "Micheal. MICHEAL!" Finally my brother gets up. You'd expect for him being a senior he'd be a bit more bright. I get out with my younger brother jet behind me. I close the car door and look at the place I would now be forced to call home. It was a yellow house with a really rusty porch swing. Not the nicest but oh well. "So what do you think" my mom ask as she walked to my side. "Luxurious" I said sarcastically. We walk into the house. It's nice. I go straight up to my room. The only part of the house that matters to me. I run up the stairs and go the one my mom said was mine. It's a good size and has a bathroom that connects my room to my younger brothers room. I go to my older brothers room and ofc like my parents he has his own bathroom. What ever. The moving people have already built all my furniture and all I had to do was unpack. I was excited to decorate and everything. I go downstairs and start bringing my boxes up. When I had finished I picked a box to unpack and began to work. Ik it's a bit weird how serious I'm taking my room, but my room is the place I am gonna at the most right? It's not like I'm gonna be with my family. If I'm being honest, I don't really like my family. It's not my whole family, mainly my dad. He's not the best parent, he's an asshole. Especially when-"AHHHHHHH" that was my mom screaming. I get scared and I run out of my room and run down the stairs. I run in the kitchen where I heard the scream. "Mom what's wrong is everything ok?" I asked she says nothing just points. At a mouse. A dead mouse. I look back at mom and I go "mom it's dead". I leave and I go back up to my room.

𝐴 𝑓𝑒𝑤 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

"Y/n, Micheal, Jet comedown for dinner!" My mom yells. I had already finished my room and was bored and hungry so of course I pretty much jumped down the stairs. As we are sitting down to eat my mom speaks up. "Kids I have an announcement." "YOUR PREGNANT" Micheal yells. Oh god please don't be pregnant I already can't stand the people in this family. "No" my mom says giving Micheal a stern look. "But I've looked around and tomorrow you guys will be starting a new school" I pretty much choked on my mashed potatoes. "Phew" says Michael and jet is jumping with excitement. "What?!" I stay sternly. "I know
it's exciting right" ask my mom. "No it's not we just moved here today" I yell. "It's fine you will start tomorrow and each of you will have a student buddy to show you around, I will drive Jet to his school, Micheal will drive himself to work and The high school is right down the street and around the corner" I know what your thinking, I thought you said Micheal was a senior. He is. He does online so he can have a job. That leaves me in high school and Jet in upper elementary. "That's not fair" I say. "I don't care if you think it's fair or not understand" my mom replies. "But-" then I'm cut off by my dad. "You understand". "Yes dad" I say quietly as I sink in my seat. Dinner is over and I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth before bed. As I'm brushing my teeth I start thinking to myself. "𝐴 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙. 𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒. 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑙. 𝐼 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑦 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓. Y/n?? 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦. 𝑅𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦. Y/N!!" I jump as my thoughts are interrupted by Jet. "Jeez what do you want" I say as I spit out the toothpaste and wash out my mouth. "You know just because people didn't like you at your old school doesn't mean people won't like you here. Try smiling every once in awhile." Jet tells me. I just sit there. "Isn't it past your bedtime" I replied, left and closed my bathroom door. "IM IN 5TH GRADE IM NOT A KID ANYMORE" I hear him yell through the door. That's the thing about Jet. He doesn't know when to stop talking and what he should and shouldn't say. How people thought of me at my old school has nothing to do about how I feel about starting school tomorrow. It's late I should probably go to bed I guess. I tuck myself into bed and play my Spotify playlist. Then I just drift.....off......to sleep........