The plan is slipping

Y/n's POV: we've been away for about a month and everything seems to be going fine until David hit us with some concerning news.

"Hey guys can I come in?" David ask. "Yeah" Jaeden and I say in Union. He walks in and has a concerned look on his face.

"Is something wrong" I ask. "Well first of all both of your parents sent out amber alerts for you 2 days after you two went missing" he says. I feel a knot form in my stomach.

"And secondly they soon realized that both of you went missing on the same day. You both had stuff from your rooms missing. Y/n took money from her parents and Jaeden took his dads wallet. They put two and two together and they're on to you guys" David explains.

"Shit" I hear Jaeden say under his breath. I grab his hand to try and comfort him.

"Oh and here's the cherry on top the lady you bought your bus ticket from told police and they know your in Monroe Michigan and both of your parents are on to me now so that's great." David says.

"Well what do we do" I ask. "I have a plan" David says. "Well what is it?" Jaeden says. "I don't exactly know yet" David responds. "Well that's helpful" I tell him. "What do you expect us to do?" Jaeden asks. "You guys better watch it remember I'm the one who's keeping you guys secret" he says.

"I'm having someone over who might help keep you guys a secret." David says. He looks at Jaeden "I'm bringing over Jonathan (yes from stranger things😂)" he tells Jaeden.

"UGHHH" Jaeden groans. "Who's Jonathan?" I ask. "He's my other cousin" Jaeden says looking at me. "But he's also gonna get us busted if he finds out" he says looking at David.

𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘

"That's him" David says then leaves. I look over and I see a look of fear on Jaeden that I've never seen before. "Hey we're gonna figure things out ok" I try to reassure him.

"I just can't imagine going back. Hell knowing my dad he wouldn't even let me come back" Jaeden says. "I know things seem scary right now but no one said this was gonna be easy. It might take a minute to find. Plan that's gonna work but til then we just gotta keep trying" I say.

Jaeden nods. "Jonathan better keep his mouth shut." He says

David's POV: I go downstairs and I open the door to see Jonathan. "Yes finally you're here" I say. "Sorry it took a bit traffic was cray you know I get stuck on 75-" Jonathan says as he starts to ramble. "Wow that sucks now come in" I say pulling his arm to come in.

We start making our way upstairs to y/n and Jaeden's room. "Ok I'm gonna let you in on something but you can't say anything about this ok" I tell him as we're walking down the hall.

"Yeah ok. Did you hear about Jaeden going missing what a shame-" I make my way to open the door "people are saying he ran away with a girl. Isn't that shoc-" he stops talking when he opens the door to see Jaeden and y/n.

"Hi Jonathan" Jaeden says. Y/n just waves. "So you have been hiding them" Jonathan says. "Hey listen Jaeden lives with a toxic parent you know that and y/n is in a even worse situation with her parents you said you wouldn't say anything and you will not say anything" I make very clear to him.

"I won't say anything but what do you need my help for?" Jonathan ask. "Long story short the cops are on to us" I  told him. "The cops?" Jonathan asks.

Y/n's POV: Jonathan and David are talking when there are three big knocks on the door. We all jump then we hear "Monroe Chief of police open up" We all start scrambling.

David looks out the window and sees three police officers. He runs to his room and looks through the back window and comes back.

"Ok You two pack your stuff as fast as possible. Jonathan you take them through the back door and watch to see if the police come inside. If they do run and get them in your car go to the gas station. I'll make the bed and distract police." David says.

We hear two more big knocks on the door. Me and Jaeden started packing the second he told us to so we were almost done when he had finished talking.

David finished making the bed and we all make our way downstairs. We go through the back then David opens the front door. We make our way around the apartment and we see police go inside.

We run to Jonathan's car and we drive off to the gas station.

David's POV: Jonathan leaves with the kids and I answer the door. "Hey sorry that took a bit what can I do for you" I say. "We have a search warrant for here and a reason to believe that you can be hiding both y/n and Jaeden in your home" the sheriff says. I let her in with the rest of the police. I see Jonathan and the kids go to the car and drive off.

Y/n's: We're driving and we park at the gas station. "Ok can someone explain to me what's going on" Jonathan asks. We stay quiet but then Jaeden speaks up.

"Well first of this is my girlfriend" Jaeden says. "Hi" I say with an awkward wave. "So you guys ran away why" Jonathan ask. "Our parents suck" I say.

David's POV: The police are searching and eventually they reach the room y/n and Jaeden were staying in. They walk in and search. I'm praying that y/n and Jaeden got everything.

They don't suspect anything and they walk out of the room.

Y/n's POV: We're waiting and finally we see David's car pull into the driveway. We all sigh of relief and he walks up to the car. "We're in the clear" he says. "But we'll have to go to another state to keep them safe because they're still gonna have eyes on my apartment" David tells us.

"Well where are going" Jonathan asks. "I packed my shit we can stop by your place." David says. "You never answered my question" Jonathan says. We drive to Jonathan's house and he packs all the stuff he needs.

"You got all your stuff" David asks Jonathan as he walked out of his house. "Yeah" Jonathan says. "Cool" David says. "Lets go to Ohio" he tells us.