8

I stood staring after him, not exactly sure what that was. He did seem a bit out of it. It was evident that he was a strange person but surely public indecency had to be the limit. I looked around the room to see if anyone had noticed what had almost happened. Chris was at the bar ordering shots seemingly for the entire bachelor party. Meegan was pouring bourbon for the girls that had just come in. Now that Luca had gone I felt a strange feeling. Something about that whole encounter felt...off. Chris had wandered back to the bar, I felt I needed to explain so I walked up to him and inhaled deeply. "I'm so sorry about that guy," I said sheepishly sidling up to him at the bar. "Are you guys involved?" he asked looking at me with a serious expression. "No!" I replied breathlessly. "No, he was a photographer for one of my friend's weddings and honestly he is quite an idiot." He broke into a smile, "Ok good, I thought I was going to have to fight him." Chris looked at my jersey which still sat haphazardly on my form. "Are you going somewhere?" I followed his gaze and saw that in my fury I had put my jersey on inside out. "I was," I replied shrugging the jersey off my shoulders. "But I think I'd like to stay a while longer."  

The evening passed effortlessly. We had stayed at Nick's until four in the morning. The evening was well worth staying for as the bachelor party got even more raucous when the bachelorette party joined them! The late-night regulars got more hyped because it was the same party they had left at Marcello's. And even Patrick had graced us with his presence after the "disaster" his date turned out to be. "I mean, pink skinny jeans! Skinnies are so outdated! Honestly!" Patrick told us about the date as he sipped the only pink drink Nick had to offer. "I like myself a manly man, ya know?" he said eyeing Chris. Chris found Patrick hilarious and they exchanged numbers to go paintballing. Which was slightly disconcerting, seeing as Chris and I hadn't even exchanged numbers yet. "Paintball? Really?" I laughed as Patrick and I walked to the bathroom. "Girl, have you seen that man? If he asked me to go water skiing with alligators I would." "Right?" I gushed, "Oh, by the way, remember that photographer from Annie and Tim's wedding?" I said re-applying my lipstick in the mirror. In another attempt at being different Nick had made the Bathrooms Unisex. "How could I forget?" he said rolling his eyes. "So you slipped a bit of nipp'. So what? Who cares? This is the 21st century; women should be able to bare their chests without fear of ridicule." He slicked his bleach-blond hair back further than what it already was with his fingers. "Honestly, I don't know what the big deal with boobs is any way they're just fat...". "Yeah," I said in mild agreement, "He was here earlier tonight," I fluffed out my curly hair. Patrick looked shocked, "Shut the front door!" I retold him the series of events that had unfolded. "...And then he unzipped his pants!" "That cad!" he said with mock horror. "What did you see?" he added mischievously. "Nothing," I shrugged. "He left." "What an ass," he said dramatically to the mirror. "C'mon, stop wasting your time with that guy, there's someone else out there who'd probably also like to see your boob given the chance!" he giggled at his own joke and I smacked his arm. Chris had ordered us drinks and shots while we were away and what with the bachelor parties having already drunk their collective body weight the party was in full swing. There was no mistaking it, I was fully into Chris, and when he asked for my number I was pretty sure the feeling was mutual!