Chapter 14: First day~ Lunch

Picture of Colton.

Colton's P.O.V:

The whole day i couldn't stop thinking about her. Arrggghh! I rejected her! I shouldn't be thinking about her! I've had no classes with her so far and It's pissing my wolf off. She's not even a wolf though.

"Grrrrrrrr!" Daniel growls.

"What is it?" I question.

"Something's wrong!" He replies.

"What's wrong?!" I question.

"Get up and leave!" He replies.

"Wait, what?! It's only second period!"

"Get up before i make you!" He growls.

"You are making me." I reply.

"Mr Wills, may i go to the bathroom please?" I question already standing up and heading out.

"Yeah, sure. Go!" He mutters sarcastically and annoyed.

Eh, he's not important.

"GRRRRRRRRRR!!!" Daniel growls loudly and more aggressively.

"What is it?" I ask exasperated.

My questions answered when i see my mate hugging our sworn-enemy.

"Excuse me! Why aren't you both in class?!" I question authoratively, protectively, jealous but mostly pissed off.

"Why does it matter to you?" Alejandro asks.

"Because I can." I reply angrily. "So Why are you here?"

"We're catching up." Alejandro says. "Old friends."

"Old friends?! With my mate! I think not!" Daniel growls.

I try my best to keep a hold on him.

"How did you meet?" I question.

"Why does it matter to you?" Alejandro fires back.

"I'm just curious." I reply through clenched teeth.

Alejandro chuckles.

"Yeah, curious. Curiosity did kill the cat." He taunts smirking and holding my mate close to him.

Daniel growls in my head.

"He just mocked us! He disrespected us! He's touching our mate!" Daniel growls.

"Be quiet!" I command.

"Yes, but a cat has ten lives dog." I bite back.

He glares and tenses with my mate looking frightened.

"Alejandro. Can we go Please." My mate asks him quietly. He looks at her and his eyes soften.

"Okay. See you around puss." Alejandro says walking away with my mate. I glare at them and I see my mate look back at me slightly frightened.

"Dammit!" I growl punching the wall. What is she doing to me?! I rejected her. I shouldn't feel anything towards her! I need something to distract me.

I see one of the school sluts and wink and start leaning across a locker. She walks briskly to me then butter boom, butter bing. The janitor's closet is where we are. I hear someone stop at the door and open it getting ready to chuck something inside. When the person and i look up at the same time we both gasp and i instantly regret pulling this slut in. I pull out looking at Auriela and she hides whatever it was behind her back. She growls angrily and then slams the door shut. I hear her footsteps retreating and tidy myself up before going after her. I have the need to go apologize to her and whether it's my wolf making me do it or myself, we will never know. I run outside following her intoxicating scent and see her sitting on the bleachers stabbing the hell out of a dish of macaroni. Damn, that smells nice. I walk up to her and she visibly tenses. I sigh sitting next to her and I notice her shuffle away from me which causes me to growl and her to freeze.

"Auriela," I say quietly and her hand with the fork clenches more tightly. She doesn't reply and just keeps looking down at her food.

"Auriela," I say again and she glares right at me. Wow, all the hostility coming from this woman right here.

"What the hell do you want from me?" She asks angrily but I notice she's trying to hide her other emotions. She's doing it quite well.

"I, uh-, well, you see, I." I stutter. My eye's widen and I swear internally. I've never stuttered before, I've always had confidence.

"Look, I don't really care why you're here okay. You obviously don't want to tell me and I don't mind but please, leave me alone. I don't know what I did to deserve your hostility but I want it to stop." She says and she stands walking away from the bleachers. I don't know how to reply to that but thank God I have Daniel. He takes control and I watch as he walks us down to her and grabs her arm gently making her face us.

"I'm sorry we'v-, I mean I, have been a dick. I don't mean too, I just am. My upbringing was not great and that's no excuse but it's an explanation you deserved. I just want to know one thing. How do you know Alejandro?" He questions and I thank him. He saved my ass and I owe him big time. I watch as her whole demeanour changes and she becomes relaxed for the first time around me.

"He's an old friend," She replies and Daniel and I notice the mixture of pain and adoration fly through her eye's. I growl quietly at the adoration. She shouldn't adore him!

"An old friend?" I question hiding my anger and jealousy while she nods.

"Yeah, he was my first friend and the closest. I look at him as a brother. He was there at my absolute worse." She whispers the last part with pain etched on her face. Daniel gently pulls her to us and hugs her shocking the both of us (meaning Auriela and myself). She tenses but then after a while she relaxes. She doesn't return the hug but at least she's accepting it. That's a step forward.

"I'm sorry," Daniel whispers into her hair. He's quite content and relaxed when she's in our arms. "Do you want to start again?"

Auriela looks up confused and Daniel smiles instead of smirking.

"Okay, what the fuck Daniel?" I question completely confused with what he's doing.

"Shut up Colton, I'm making this bearable for me. Don't fuck this up for me again! I'm warning you Colton!" Daniel says then ends the connection.

"We started off on the wrong foot. My name's D-Colton." Daniel says almost slipping and puts his hand out releasing Auriela from our embrace. Auriela looks at it wearily and then for the first time she smiles at me and man, is it beautiful.

"Nice to meet you Colton, Auriela." She replies shaking our hand. The bell rings singalling second period is over and then Auriela bids us a farewell before heading back into the school building. Today has been a very hectic day, and it's not even lunchtime. I think it'll get better. Well, I hope so. I really want to see her smile again...