Chapter 3: Nightmare

A picture of the meadow.

Auriela's P.O.V:

"Auriela do you think this is a good song?"

"Of course mum. Jessie J's song 'who you are' holds alot of meaning In her words." I reply to my mum.

"Ye." She doesn't finish because she gets interrupted by my dad yelling.

"Auriela! Take Daniel and jump out of the car!" My father yells.

"What? No! That's stupid. We could get hurt!" I say outraged.

"Auriela hop out now! Jump." My mum yells.

"But mu."

"Hurry up and go!" She yells with tears streaming down her face.

Dad looks at her and grabs her hand.

"I love you soo much Claire." He says.

"I love you more David." She replies.

They both turn and face me with tears in their eyes and mine subconsciously fall.

"Take Daniel and jump sweety. We love you both so much." My mums says heartbroken.

"Mum? What's going on?" I ask scared.

"Baby. Please. Go now. We need you two to live. Please. We love you both so much. Now jump!" My dad says.

I cry hard and hug my parents. They never told me what their job was. They only told me it was something to do with secret forces or something and that it was really dangerous. I knew then and there that they're job was the cause of this.

"Okay. I lo-love you m-um and d-ad." I choke out through sobs.

I grab Daniel's sleeping form and jump out of the car and roll into a meadow. It was so beautiful but I couldn't see it well because my vision was blurry from the tears. I wiped my eyes and got a better look at my surroundings. It was so beautiful. The purple leaves created a beautiful tunnel. I couldn't help but take a picture with my camera. I hear an explosion and look over the tree's to see fire and smoke coming from the highway we were just on. Please don't be my parents, i prayed. Please. I look at Danny and he's still sleeping. I wish i could still be ignorant and be like him. Carefree. I hear rustling sounds and freeze. I then hear a loud, threatening growl and turn around. It bares it's teeth then pounces and.

"Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!" I wake up whisper-yelling.

I'm breathing so hard and clutching the sheets to tight that my hands are turning white. Sweat drips Down my face and neck working it ways down my body. It was just a nightmare Auriela. Calm down, I tell myself. I look over and see Danny sleeping soundly. I hop out of bed and go downstairs to the kitchen. I walk in and make a hot chocolate with cookies. What? Don't hate. This was and always has been my way to get the nightmare out of my head. For two years I've had the same nightmare and everytime I wake up I go straight to the kitchen. Food's my bae, so why not? I sit at the counter with my hot chocolate and cookies. The events that occurred two years ago were permanently scratched into my memory. The abuse. The pain. Torture. I have scars from my shoulders down. The worst ones are the ones on my stomach. I close my eyes and drink my hot chocolate. At least I kept Danny safe. That week I was taken from the woods was the most horrible week for me. Danny, however had an amazing week. My kidnappers kept him safe and Happy. They blackmailed me in horrible ways. I went through all that pain though to keep my brother safe. I would give my life for him. I finished my hot chocolate and cookies and went back upstairs. I crept into my bedroom and back into bed.

"I love you Danny." I whisper to him and kiss his forehead before I fall into darkness once again.

*comment*
*vote*
*share*
Please :)