Chapter 11 - Weak

George woke up before Edwin, before the rest of his family, in fact. His neck and back were stiff from the awkward sleeping position, his body ached but he couldn't even begin to compare this pain to the pain Edwin was in.

George took this opportunity to quietly talk to Edwin, he placed his hand delicately on top of Edwins smaller hand. "I'm so sorry for not doing more to help, for not noticing you had left my side earlier, please forgive me...please..." Although he felt a lump in his throat and his lip beginning to quiver, he knew that he did not have the energy to start crying again.

Edwin's fingers began to twitch underneath George's hand. He was waking up. George woke his family up, to make sure they were all here for Edwin. The young boy's eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the bright room. He could see six figures surrounding him but he only recognised three, the twins and Ron.

"Where are we?" he said in a low, raspy voice.

Molly grabbed a cup and casted aguamenti to fill it up, "here, take this. You've been in an accident, my dear." Molly placed her hand gently onto Edwin's shoulder to comfort the boy as he took a sip of his water.

Edwin tilted his head towards his boyfriend, he had a look of confusion on his face so George thought that it was best to explain exactly what happened. But before George could open his mouth, Edwin continued speaking, "All I can remember is the sound of my own screams and the werewolf's grizzly teeth, after that... it all seems a bit fuzzy".

"It may be best that we keep it at that, dear," Molly whispered to George. George agreed.

"The healers here have said that you're going to fully recover," George said with a sad smile.

Of course, George had seen first-hand the effects of lycanthropy through his old professor and family friend, Remus Lupin. He had also heard many stories about werewolves from his years at Hogwarts, it was rare that any of the stories had a happy ending. But George knew that Edwin would be a good werewolf, just like Remus. He would have to introduce the pair. Although it was yet to be confirmed if Edwin was infected, George had better start preparing himself for the worst.

After hours of rest, a healer entered the room and saw that both Edwin and George had a bit more energy.

"So, Mr Scally, we would like to speak to you about lycanthropy. Are you aware of what that is?"

George could see in Edwin's face that he was still a little hazy, of course, Edwin knew what lycanthropy was, he studied Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them as if he himself was studying in Hogwarts. "He's a Muggle, Sir" George told the healer.

"Well, that's some good news at least. Muggles are a lot less likely to be infected by lycanthropy than wizardkind. But, just to be on the safe side I will go through it for you."

The healer then went on to explain the known effects of lycanthropy and how there are currently healers who specialise in lycanthropy and are trying to find a cure. George thought that this was fantastic news and held onto his boyfriend's hand reassuringly.

"We also have to go through the conditions of your stay. As you will be here for a month to ensure that there is a full moon during your stay, we do ask that you cooperate well with us. We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family here, but our priority is keeping everyone in St. Mungo's safe. This does include a single night in a guarded cell as the full moon approaches as we are yet to discover if you have been infected, but as mentioned earlier, there is a far lower risk for muggles." The healer gave a smile to Edwin as he sat up in bed, still unable to move without pain but he already felt so much better than he did the previous night.