Chapter 19

"Alright...I'm officially fucking done" you said, closing down the files on your computer. It was 5pm on a Friday, after a long uneventful day sifting through case files with your partners.

It had been a couple of days since you and Connor had kissed in the park. You hadn't had time to speak much yet since you'd all been working so hard to get through the case files. You had dropped the dogs at home at lunchtime since they were fine alone for a few hours.

"Yeah, me too. There's only so much sitting at a computer screen I can take" Hank mumbled, closing his stuff down too. Jeff suddenly opened his office door.

"Hey Connor! Get in here!" He said. You and Hank looked at him as he stood up.

"Coming". He went into Fowler's office.

"He in trouble or somethin'?" Hank asked you. You scoffed.

"Connor? In trouble? Nah". He chuckled and you both waited for him to come back.

After a minute or so, Connor came out of the office. You and Hank slowly spun your chairs around and stared at him. He smirked.

"No, I'm not in trouble".

"Soooo what did he want?" You asked. Connor sat on the end of your desk.

"He got a call from Cyberlife. I'm due another functionality test".

"Like...an android doctor's checkup?" You asked.

"Yes, I suppose. But it's more extensive than that. I have to go every year because of my job" he shrugged.

"Oh, okay".

"When's that?" Hank asked.

"I've been asked to go now. I won't be back until tomorrow morning". You pouted.

"Aww! You mean I'm stuck with Crank all evening?!" You groaned. Connor giggled.

"Hey! I don't wanna be stuck with your dumb ass either!" Hank said. You grinned.

"...We're going to Jimmy's, right?" You asked. Hank smirked.

"Yes. Where else?" He muttered. You chuckled and turned back to Connor, subtly brushing your hand against his behind the desk.

"Should I take you to the tower?" You asked.

"It's okay, they've sent a taxi for me" he smiled. You nodded and stood up.

"Let's head out then" you said. You threw on your jacket and grabbed all your stuff, as did Hank. They followed you out to the car park and soon enough, Connor's taxi arrived.

"Hope you pass the android test" you grinned. He chuckled.

"See you tomorrow Connor. (Y/n), I'll meet you at 7?" Hank said.

"Sounds good". Hank gave you both a little wave, then got in his car and drove off. You stayed with Connor for a moment. You were glad to be alone with him, but you had to be careful for now since you were still by the station. You checked behind you to see there was nobody around, since most people had gone home for the weekend. You turned to Connor and grabbed his hand.

"So this isn't anything...major, is it?" You asked. He smiled sweetly and squeezed your hand.

"No, not at all. I just have to be checked because I'm a detective" Connor reassured you. You nodded.

"Okay, good". You kissed him softly for a couple of moments and smiled at each other.

"Look after Hank for me" he said.

"I'll try, but you know how he is" you chuckled. He gave you a cute little wave and got in the taxi. You blew him a kiss and he gave you a cheeky wink as he closed the door, making you blush like crazy. You walked towards your car and quickly drove home. When you walked in the door, you were greeted by two giant furballs.