Chapter 59

*1 hour later*

You were back in Jeff's office with the others. He had some android profiles up on a projected screen.

"Alright, so our guys found seven TR400s with an unknown address, which actually narrows it down massively. Their model was built for labouring - and the majority of them are still working those jobs, except they obviously get paid nowadays. They need proof of address now to work those jobs, even if a lot of them live at the new Jericho" Jeff explained.

"Okay, awesome. Do you think it's worth checking out Jericho? There might be a couple of unemployed models staying there" you said. "Yes, I would. I'll send the list of TR400s registered there to Connor" Jeff replied, sending the files over to him.

"Got them" Connor piped up. "Alright, great. Let's get going. Thanks Jeff" Hank added. You all left the office and headed back out to the car park. Connor called Markus to let him know what was happening, since he was still in charge of everyone staying at the new Jericho. He said he would gather all the TR400s in one area for you. After a short while, you arrived at the old church known as the new Jericho. It was in the middle of renovations to accommodate the remaining androids more comfortably. Markus was waiting for you at the entrance. You hopped out of the car and went to the door as Connor let the dogs out.

"Hey Markus!" You smiled, giving him a hug. "Hey (y/n), it's great to see you!" He replied, hugging you back. You let go of him. Connor and Hank came up behind you with the dogs. They said hello to Markus as he petted Hulk and Bruce. They both licked his hand and you all chuckled. Gavin came up to you all and nodded to Markus. You all followed Markus into the church and were met with some familiar faces.

"Simonnn!" You grinned. "(y/n)!" He replied, giving you a hug. You hugged him back and took a better look at him. "I love the new hair, it suits you!"

"You think so? Thanks!" He replied.

"I've gathered the TR400s that live here in the main room we use. Follow me!" Markus said. You all followed him through to what you assumed was where church services used to be held. You knew it reminded Connor of things he didn't want to think about, so you grabbed his hand and squeezed it. He looked at you and you winked at him with a kind smile. A little grin crept onto his face. You went to the front of the church and looked back at all the androids.

"How many of them are unemployed?" You asked Connor. He quickly scanned them all. "Five" he replied. "Right...so that leaves Luther, who's in Canada...and one missing" Hank added.

"Alright, that might be our guy, but we better check. Markus, are we alright to ask a few of them some questions?" You asked. "Yes of course. Who do you need?" Markus replied.

"Calvin, Marcel, Johnny, Toby and Sam please" Connor said. Markus nodded and let the rest of the androids go, while the others came up to see you. You asked Calvin where he was that morning, but since he had bleached blonde hair, you were pretty sure he wasn't involved. He had a solid alibi and you let him go. You took some time to interview the other four, and concluded they'd all been in Jericho all morning, having checked the CCTV with Markus. You knew at that point you were searching for the one missing android. You thanked Markus for his help and headed back to the precinct. Gavin and Hank headed into Jeff's office to update him. You and Connor went into an interrogation room with the dogs. You needed a quiet space to make a call. Connor projected a screen onto the wall and made the video call.

"Hello Luther!" Connor said.

"Hey!" You added.

"Hi Connor, hi (y/n). It's nice to see you both" Luther smiled.

"It's good to see you too. How are you and Kara? And Alice?" Connor asked.

"We're all great thank you. They're out at the moment, or I'd have got them to come and say hello!"