Glory of Forgiveness

We make our way slowly to the Griffindor tower, we talked animatedly about our recent fight and joked about what was to come. Harry had offered me a piggy-back when my thigh began to sting and I now clung to his back, his hand wrapped around my knees. He still held me as we approached the painting of the grand lady.

"Been in the wars, my dear?" she asked, directing her question to me. I chuckled from Harry's back.

"I'm afraid so." I replied, the woman smiled before turning to Harry.

"Password?"

"Caput Draconis." He answered easily and the painting swung open. We continued down the passageway, as Ron began describing me as some type of warrior, when I stabbed the troll. I hid my face in Harry's neck trying to hide my embarrassment, as the trio laughed and I eventually joined in. As we reached the end of the tunnel and emerged into the common room, I looked round and my laughed immediately stopped. Stood in the centre of the room, eyes wide and chest rising heavily. Stood Oliver Wood. One by one my friends seemed to notice and their laughter also seized. Yet Harry refused to put me down, instead his grip on my legs increased.

"Where have you been?" The older boy shouted, glaring at me. I leant forward and whispered to Harry to put me down, he hesitated keeping his eyes on Wood.

"Harry?" I whispered louder and his hands slipped from around my knees easing me down slowly and I came to stand next to him. Oliver's eyes watched our exchange and grew stormy.

"Where have you been?" He asked quieter this time, taking a step towards me, Harry placed his arm across my body and pushed me behind him slightly. Wood halted, he took in a breath and seemed to calm himself

"Have you any idea how worried I have been?" His voice was soft, as he tried to lull me.

"Why would you care about where she was?" Harry hissed at the older boy.

"Because if you haven't noticed, I care about her. I care about all my housemates." He corrected.

"But especially her." Harry's voice was dangerous and I cowered further behind him.

"Your nothing but a dirty liar, you are!" Ron scolded stepping forwards.

"Hermione?" I whispered nodding towards the staircase and our only escape. She quickly circled round the back and took my arm, leading me quickly away from the three conflicting males. Just as we reached the staircase, Oliver's voice stopped me.

"What happened to you?" I turned slowly the bandage on my leg showing the first signs of blood soaking through and the gauze on my head only made my appearance worse. He stepped towards me quickly and with no one to step in front of him he cupped my face in his hands.

   I pulled my face from his fingers and looked away.

"Anna, what's wrong?" His voice sickly and all I wanted to do was run upstairs. To flee from him, but I didn't instead I took in a breath.

"I know." I whispered, he placed his hands on my shoulder and gripped them slightly, trying to catch my eye.

"What?" Anger bubbled inside me and I looked up to meet his eyes.

"I know!" I snarled pushing his chest so his stumbled backwards. His face bewildered.

"I-I don't understand." he stuttered as I staked around him.

"I know about your bet with Flint!" I yelled. Not caring if I woke anyone. Angry tears running down my face. His realisation hit him like a ton of bricks as his mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"I heard you that night in the courtyard, the day after I broke my leg. I heard every word." As I spoke my anger gave way to sadness and the flood gates opened.