Keeping Promises

I was still sat in the infirmary when there was a quiet knock at the door, looking up I smiled.

"Harry." I whispered, trying not the distrust the hushed room. He took a few steps towards the bed and halted.

"How's he doing?" He asked quietly, his eyes scanning over Oliver's still form. I sighed.

"He woke up a couple of hours ago, but passed out from the medication." my eyes flicked to the unconscious boy's face and I reached out to smooth his hair back.

"Why are you here, Anna?" Harry asked suddenly and my eyes darted to his.

"He hurt you so bad and yet you still wait by his side. I just...don't understand." he sighed and slouched, placing his elbows on the bed and leaning his head into his hands.

"I don't understand either." I said quietly, my face downcast.

"I guess I still care about him even of he hurt me. You know, if I hadn't been here. He would have woken up alone. How would that have made him feel?" I paused, seeing the disappointed look on Harry's face.

"I guess everyone deserves to have someone who...cares." I shrugged, fiddling with my fingers.

"I wish you would look up and see that there's more than just Oliver who care about you, Anna." Harry's voice was different, sad yet determined.

"You don't have to live your life pleasing other people." he said.

"Don't you think I know that? Harry I'm here because I want to be, because he deserves a friend. He came when I was in this place. Why wouldn't I been here for him?" I snapped, Harry's eyes widened and I immediately regretted it.

"Harry I'm sorry." I whispered walking round the bed and placing my hand on his shoulder. He rose and quickly wrapped me I a hug.

"I am too." He murmured into my hair.

"Seeing you making new friends and moving forward, makes me think that your going to forget about me." I gasped pulling away from him.

"Harry, don't you ever say that. I may make new friends, but I'll always be here. When ever you need me." My voice was shaky from holding back tears. His arms engulfed me once again as a single droplet streamed down my cheek. He hushed my quietly, stroking my hair. We rocked gently from side to side, as he tried to lull my ragged nerves.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." Harry whispered, repeatedly.

"Don't every think that." I whispered back. I was usually a strong person, after eleven years of being despised by the ones who cared for you, been treated like an animal. Not allowed in the house, forced to live in a barn. I thought I passed the stage of crying at little things, yet upon arriving at this school all I seemed to have done is cried. I guess after so many years of solitude, finally having someone to share it with can be over whelming.

    Harry offered to stay with me and he pulled up another chair. We sat for another couple of hours, but there was no movement from Oliver. As it got late Professor McGonagall called in. She watched me and Harry carefully, before turning to the Griffindor Quidditch captain.

"Any change?" She asked as she approached the bed, I shook my head.

"No improvement and no signs of him waking soon." I yawned, the stress of the day beginning the ware me down. She saw and frowned.

"You two, come on off to bed." She bustled round to our side of the bed and gestures for us to leave.

"But Professor-" I began but she stopped me.

"No, buts, Anna." Her  eyes were kind despite her bossiness.

"you said it yourself, yltheres no sign of him waking soon. Therefore I will escort you to you dormitories. You will have all day to see him tomorrow." I sighed as Harry grabbed my hand and began to lead me away from Oliver.