Poker Face

Upon arriving at the great hall, I beamed when my friends began to clap and holler as I made my way towards them. Slowly hobbling down the aisle, Oliver trailing behind, as passed his friends.

"Olly?" They called and stuck out a hand to grab his robes. I carried on not turning to look if he had stopped and joined the boisterous group of teenage boys.

I reached my friends and sat quickly next to Harry, shoving my crutches under the bench as I swung my legs over to face the little group. I smiled as they applauded,

"Stop it!" I hissed jokingly and they all burst out laughing. Harry flung his arm over my shoulders squeezing them lightly, I leant into him and rested my head on his chest.

"So how'd they fix it? Did they cut your leg open? Or do some weird magic to make it fuse? Or..." I laughed at Ron's imagination.

"Madam Pomfrey gave me a potion to drink." I giggled as his face dropped. Harry then looked concerned,

"Did it hurt?" He asked looking down, his eyes meeting mine. However before I could answer, the bench beside me dipped. Oliver sat down smiling round at my comrades. I quickly sat up out of Harry's arms and looked at him questioningly.

"I've had that potion before and it made me cried like a baby, but not Anna. She didn't even squeak." His eyes met mine and his arms pulled my into his chest. I was bewildered, I looked at Hermione and widened my eyes signalling my discomfort. She cleared her throat quickly and drew everyone's attention. As I managed to wriggle free of the older boys grasp.

"So," she began, searching round the table for a possible topic to talk about. Her eyes fell on Harry.

"So you do think Harry's going to make the Quidditch team?" She said quickly, launching Oliver into a speech on the pros and cons of young teammates. I looked at my black haired friend,

"You never told me you were trying out for the team." I whispered, bumping his shoulder with my own. He smiled shyly at me,

"You were, kind of unconscious." He whispered, knocking me back gently. I giggled and his hand found mine under the table. Squeezing my fingers lightly.

Just as we were finishing eating, I noticed Oliver staring over the other side of the room, his brows furrowed in frustration. I tried to see what he was looking at but being smaller I couldn't see above the heads of the other students. I glance at him again, he noticed and smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. Confused I decided to turn in for the night, yawning I turned to collect my crutches. Harry noticed.

"Where are you going?" He asked worry plain in his voice. I turned noticing the small group looking at me.

"I was going to go to bed?" I said, the statement raising slightly in pitch, making it sound more like a question.

"I'll come with you." Harry offered, standing quickly he offered me his hand to pull me up. I smiled gratefully and took his hand. We made our way towards the exit together when we were stopped.

"Anna where are you going?" Oliver called as he jogged to catch up.

"I'm going to bed, I'm tired." I shrugged, he smiled.

"I'll come with you, after all no offence to you Potter, but I don't think he can help you up all this stairs. Plus.." he pulled a brown paper bag from his pocket.

"Your going to be needing this." He dangled it in front of my face and I sighed. Looking to Harry I smile apologetically and we began to make our way toward the first flight of stairs.

I handed my crutch to Oliver and carefully made my way up, gripping the banister for support. I manage five sets like this before I was to tired to do anymore. Before I could protest Oliver had scooped me up bridle style and had handed my crutches to Harry. I looked back to my spectacled friend and once again smiled, I couldn't apologise enough. I didn't know what had gotten into Oliver, the sweet boy from this morning seemed to had disappeared ad I wasn't sure of I like the replacement. Upon reaching the entrance to the common room I made Oliver release me and Harry rushed forward with my crutches.