Chapter Fifty Four ✨

||Chapter Fifty Four||

Ire.
The sun streamed in through the curtains, causing me to open my eyes as I stretched sleepily on the bed. Eric's plane should be landing soon because he called last night that he'll be in Nigeria today. I switched on my phone checking to see what the time was. It was currently nine a.m in the morning and Eric was to land by eleven a.m .

Opening up whatsapp and sending a good morning message to the love of my life with a smile on my face as I thought about her. I can't wait to take her on the date tonight. I've got everything planned out. I was going to take her bowling and from there we'll go to the cinema to watch a movie.

A simple fun date. Something that she'd love. I sent the message not forgetting to put lots of love emojis. She'll probably be at the office right now. She'll be graduating really soon so she's been a lot busy trying to get alot of things done as soon as possible. Her projects, her final exams and all that stuff.

I've been thinking about taking her to London for the Christmas holiday but I don't know how to put it to her yet because she seems to have everything planned out for her and I honestly don't want to ruin anything for her. But I really want to take her with me so she can meet my family.
I was about getting out of bed when I saw a message from my father that said.
Good morning son, Eric left for Nigeria yesterday. He's bringing over some important documents, make sure to go through them and get back to me. Hope to see you soon.

I rolled my eyes at how stiff his message seemed. He couldn't even sound concerned about me or find out if I was doing okay. All he cares about is how is stupid business is going.
My phone started to ring only to see that it was my mum that was calling. I picked it up her voice sounding on the other side of the phone.

"Ireti sweetie" she cooed warmly..
"Good morning mum" I greeted politely hearing what she had to say.
"Has Eric landed yet?" She asked

"No mum. I'll be going to the airport to pick him up by eleven" I said.

"Oh okay. Your father gave him some important documents that.."
"Mum I know. He already sent me a text" I cut in sharply rolling my eyes.

"How're you sweetie?? Have you eaten yet?" She asked her voice sounding soft.

"I just woke up mum. I'll eat later" I answered.

"Sweetie don't skip meals. You know how that makes me feel" she said her voice filled with worry..

"Alright mum. I'll make a sandwich" I said with a chuckle.

"That's better. This is why I didn't want you to come back to Nigeria. There's no one there to take care of you and cook for you? And you need to eat"..she said rambling making me sigh in frustration.

"Mum I'm fine. I can take care of myself. I don't need anyone doing anything for me" I said rubbing my temples.

"Don't say that sweetie. Of course you need someone to take care of you. You're a William. Lately you don't act like one. Your sister has been telling me about the way you act back in Nigeria. Not eating properly" She said continuing to nag me.

"Mum! What exactly do you want to talk to me about?" I said changing the topic.

"You're coming back home for the Christmas break right??" She asked