Chapter - 5

Kelsey's POV

"I have been calling her non stop for an hour now. She's not picking up. I don't know what to do?"

"Kels, it's alright. She's not ignoring you. She will take your call." Del's voice can instantly relax you. I talk to her whenever my head is about to burst (other times too), and she makes it all right.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Honey you can't panic over such a small thing. Come on. It's getting late. You've been at Dani all day. I really think you should get some sleep."

"I can't sleep. I need to talk to her."

"Ok, you are very stressed. Now answer me honestly." She has channelled her inner therapist. "Why do you need to talk to Dani right now?"

"No reason. I just need to."

"Sweetie, there is always a reason. You can trust me."

"Not in this case, there isn't. I know I can trust you but there is seriously no reason."

"Kels, I'm really trying here. You gotta try too."

"I know. Ok. It's just that I don't know when I will see her next and I don't believe people. I need to hear everything from her."

"What do you need to hear from her?"

"Just everything."

"And what is everything? That she transferred schools?"

"That she transferred schools. And that it was not because of me. It was not my fault. And I did not suffocate her. And that I was a good friend to her and that I was always there for her when she needed me. I just need to hear everything from her. I need to talk to her. I won't be able to sleep without it." Tears are rolling down my cheeks and I start sobbing as soon as I stop talking.

"It's okay." Del's voice is collected. "It's not your fault. I know it. It's alright. You can cry. You gotta get it of your chest."

"You're right. I can cry. I should be allowed to cry. I'm the head bitch but I'm not an emotionless bitch. I wanna cry. All I can do right now is cry cause Dani is fucking ignoring all my calls."

Del starts humming. She does that often. It's calming. She does it to calm herself when she is stressed out and getting hyper. It calms others too.

She keeps humming. I keep crying. None of us say another word and her sweet melodious voice rocks me to sleep.