Shades

Viraj had a big smile on his face as he introduced me to trisha. I was uncomfortable wih that smile. I was uncomfortable with that girl. She was amazingly beautiul. The green gown was drapped around her sleek body highlighted her hour glass figure. Viraj hated green colour but her beauty and her voice covered up for the colour of her dress. Her eyes were dark brown, almost going into black. The green liner below her water line gave her look a twist. To me she looked no less then a villian but I could she that viraj was already into her quite much.

She was still waiting for me to offer my hand for a hello. So I moved my limbs and let my fingers slip into hers. It gave me even more negative vibes.

Her lips painted in light pink parted and she said, "nice to meet you". I so wished our feelings were mutual but I gave a slight smile. Viraj continued her praise poems. I wondered how the hell he knew so muh already, I was away for a few minutes, not months.

"She is in vds college, doing her mass communication. Isn't it great preyal we have so much proximity. I mean you know both the colleges are in the north campus."

"Ya ofcourse I know. Both the colleges our funded from our trust afterall." , I was mean, yes but I was not there to hear her endless appreciation from the boy the boy I love. I had to tell her who is standing in front of. Viraj's smile disappeared.  It showed he was not happy wih my reply. But I cared less.

Trisha on the other hand smiled and said, "oh my god, so right now I am dealing with the richies of town. I am glad that you think I am worth your time." She looked at viraj, whose smile was now out of his world. I felt guilty and angry at the same time. My shades were tossing themselves, my mood was constantly swinging when I felt a hand on my waist. I looked up and beside me stood abhi. I felt cosy and saw a perfect opportunity in it. Viraj's face colour changed a little but he soon got involved in trisha again. He introduced everyone to trisha. Everyone took her warmly except for me. Abhedya noticed the frown on face and herefore excused us from the group. Viraj took a moment off trisha to notice us but then such was her magic.

Abhedya asked me, "what's wrong?"

"Abhi she was the girl in the shoe store. I just don't have any positive vibes from her.", I confessed.  Abhi turned and looked at trisha. She was laughing with all dhvani, rehan and viraj. Abhi narrowed his eyes and said, "you know what there is something about her, and she can't hide that something under her amazing voice and big smile. She have some unsaid stories under her breath. Maybe I am wrong but that is what I feel. "

Me and abhi starred at trisha when suddenly she looked back. We both turned immediately and started looking down. She gave an uncomfortable look and then again indulged herself in the talks.

After a while we left the venue and reached back home. I changed into comfortable clothes and spent half an hour removing the pile of make up on my face. I was still not over the uncomfortable feeling. I felt there was some continous crumming in my stomach. I came out of the wardrobe. Abhi was resting on my lovely bed. I walked up and lied beside him. He tuned towards me as he kept his face on his hand. I too did the same. We kept looking at each other. A conversation started in between our eyes. He winked at me and I broadened my eyes. He winked again and I looked away. He started looking down indicating he was upset and so I winked at him. He raised his eyebrows naughtily and then we broke into laughter. We understood each other so well. We coukd talk without even opening our mouth ir moving our tounges; simply by looking at each other. We were still laughing when my phone buzzed, I saw 12 messages from viraj. I sat putting my back against the headboard. Abhi kept lying where he was and took his phone. I opened viraj's messages.

Preyal what happened to you?
You were really rude to trisha
Well leave that
Look she gave me her no.
XXXXXXXXXX
*image*
She is beautiful. Isn't it?
We clicked many more pictures together.
Infact I dropped her home.
I told her how her voice captivated me completely
And she laughed over it.

After reading the messages I wondered whats wrong with viraj. I threw away my phone on the ground and shattered into pieces. Abhi quickly stood up and asked me what happened. I stood up walked out of the room. Abhi ran after me as I hurried to the terrace.

Author's note
Hey dearies,
Our feeling sometimes simply move out of our hand, our shades then are no more under our control. We are helpless and mean at the same time, we don't know if we are going black or white. Within ourselves we hold back too many shades - yellow, green, red, white, black. But the most strange thing that I have learnt over time is grey is what stay :) cherish your shades and don't leave their realm.

Keep reading

Vote.comment.share