the lady in green

I was back home. As I reached the living room i saw namnish uncle. he was having a conversation with dad's photograph. i stopped back and smiled at him. he realised i was looking and therefore made a gesture asking me to sit down next to him.he then continued, "i miss him a lot today. " he looked at me and gave a faded smile. I didn't have anything to tell him. Its been 7 years already. All our preachings and feel good speeches are over. We have accepted our loss but their absence is still felt. And after knowing about the truth of his death I miss him even more. I took a deep breath and held back my tears. After a few while I went to my room seeking some personal time. But abhi was already sitting there. I wondered how come all the world is suddenly reminded of me when I want to stay alone. I tried to smile.

He stood up and took away my bag. He placed it on the table and then started humming a tine. He dragged me towards himself. His fingers gripped mine, he held my waist with another hand swiftly. He then started singing and made me dance. And he did it till the time I really broke in laughter. He then left my hand and went to my wardrobe.

"What are you wearing? I guess this black one would look amazing.  This green one is also good." He took out my dresses and started comparing them.

"What for?"

"You forgot? Again?"

I made a poker face and tried to remember what I was forgetting. He looked at me angrily and then shouted

"Preyal, today is the fest night"

I gave him a grumpy look,"abhi I am just not interested. I mean come on they are so crowded and too loud and crazy for me."

"Preyal you are so BORING." He literally shouted as he said boring. He continued,"we have te backstage passes. No crowd, no fuss! So get ready, I don't want to hear a no."

I knew he will do anything to take me along. Sometimes I think he was born to irritate me. I gave up the idea of arguing and pushed him out of the room. Then started the war to look great. After juggling among all the red dresses i had I wore a red short peplum dress with a broad oval neck . Viraj loved this colour and I am sure he would love my look today. I sat in front of my big dressing table. I opened youtube and searched for a nice hairstyle. I took out my curling iron which I had hardly used over years. I finally finished curling my hair, burning two of my fingers. But I loved how my hair turned out and started with the makeup. On the table were-mascaras with different brushe, eye liners of many shades, eye lash curlers that scared me to death ( what if my eye lashes came out with it), kajals of many brands and many colours, lip liners, base lipsticks, makeover lipsticks, glosses,  shimmers, shadows, blushers, hundreds of brushes and what not. I had no idea, where to start. The makeup I commonly used was a black kajal and lip balm with a tint of pink colour. But slowly dressing up was becoming a habit. I always wanted to look perfect for him. Thanks to viraj, my glam quotient was raising. I gave myself smokey eyes. My lips looked beautiful coloured in blood red. I took some 76 selfies and then I I took out my cute stelitoes. They must be so happy, they were finally being wore. They were perfect for this dress. I took some 50 more selfies. Abhi entered my room without knocking. Childhood friends mostly lack basic manners when with you. He was completely into his phone. I have to admit he looked really amazing. A black slim fit tee shirt under a blue blazer with black collars and lining. My mouth fell open on seeing him but he had eyes only for his phone. I continously stared at him angrily waiting for him to notice. Too tired of his ignorance I threw a cushion at him, his phone fell down.

"My phone, preyal are you mad?"

I raised my eyebrow as he shouted at me while picking up his lovely PHONE. But it didn't take him too much time to understand that I was angry. He gulped the saliva in his mouth and then started the typical-boys- rescue-plan PRAISES, FALSE PRAISES, EVEN MORE FALSE PRAISES

"Oh my god, you look so beautiful. Is it you preyal or some angel have come down on earth directly from heaven." I made 'oh' faces as he continued "preyal, I am afraid the grass would catch fire, you look really hot." I was laughing in my mind. I took a cushion and ran behind him to beat him for being such a jerk but the luck was not in my favour. My lovely 6 inch heel broke. Thank god I was not on the ground. Abhedya leaned down and caught hold of my waist. He saved me from clashing into the ground.  My one leg was in the air and one on the ground. My one hand was on his shoulder and another in his hand. I slowly opened my eyes and they were crashed into his. His grip on my back became stronger and he gazed upon me without a single wink. why were we like this abhi? So inseprable! I love viraj but my life pushes me more and more toward you each day. Why abhi? Why are we like this? And hen suddenly he broke the moment and pulled me. I didn't want him to look away but I didn't want to fall for those incredibly deep eyes. My foot pained. He quickly got a pain relief gel for me. He kept my leg in his lap and then massaged it. I looked at him losing myself each moment to this guy I didn't want to love. But then my phone started ringing. 'Viraj' flashed on the screen. I felt guilty. But I didn't know why I just lost my control around abhi. Why all my resistance kneeled down when he looked at me. I picked up the phone and taljed to viraj and I realised I had no footwear to compliment my dress. 

" I need new footwear." I made a puppy face while looking at abhi.

"Why dont you check your 150 pairs of footwear you already have." , abhi taunted

I checked out my lovely footwears. Some are less red, some are more red, some were too plain and some are too blingy. I don't know why I bought them in first place. After this i declared i dont have anything to wear. Abhi's reaction was a facepalm. he switched on  his 'can-I-kill-you-please' mode. But before I could speak anymore he picked me up in his arm and I completely panicked.

"You have grown fatter" he struggled and then laughed on seeing my angry face. I hit him my elbow. He immediately spoke up, " do that again and I will drop you." I held him more tightly.

Well it was obviously fun to be carried.

Pros

1) I dont have to walk.

2) he carries you beautifully and comfortably in his strong arms.

3) you can irritate then a little when ou are sure they won't drop you.

4) abhi smells great.

He took me out to the car and placed me in carefully. He then drove us to the nearest shoestore and asked me throw less tantrums.

Abhi would make the perfect husband. His wife would be the luckiest girl in his world. A man so loving, so caring and so understanding. I just wished he gets someone soon so that the gravity I hold towards him is reduced. He got out of the car and opened my door. He then picked me up.

"I could have wore any footwears for shoe shopping." I stated the obvious. He made dumb face and then to protect his some-left reputation he said,"maybe I just love carrying you."

Everyone was staring at us. Some giggled, some complimented and some made aww faces.But abhedya didn't care. He never did care. Carrying me was seriously something he did very often and I was really used to it now. He kept me down as we reached the shoe store. I selected a pair without much tantrums. The shopkeeper was making the bill. I was standing near the counter when I felt a sudden urge to look back. I looked back. A strange feeling captured me. My throat felt dry. My body started shivering. I could hear my heart beat. I felt exhausted. I ran out of the showroom to catch back my breath. Abhedya followed me out and asked me,

"What's wrong?"

"I dont know!"

"Why did you run out like this?"

I Explained to him the weird feeling. He asked,

" what was there when you looked back?"

"There was nothin weird. There was just......"

"Just what?"

"a lady in green."