the moonlight

1 year and 3 months later

the weather was cloudy. i sat in the balcony with a shawl wrapped around my arms.the lovely winter night was something worth my time. the hazed moon, the closed leaves and the snoring insects, life seemed so perfect. i felt a hand on shoulder. i identified the touch so well, it’s been 19 years we are together, i didn’t need a look to tell it was abhi.

i smiled and said, “see abhi, the jasmines, the queens of the night.”

“ahh..”

it was not him, it was not his voice, it was someone else, i turned back in astonishment. And shouted “you?” he indicated me to keep quiet and i realised that everyone in the house were in the darkest rooms of dreams. i huffed as i placed myself back in the chair and looked angrily at him who stood there with a hung face. he looked at me with a puppy face.

“viraj, when will you grow up?” i scolded him for coming to my house like a thief.

“but i need to tell you something really important.” he protested.

before we could talk any further i heard some footsteps. viraj used to come home many a times but the thing was different this time. it was 1:30 and he entered the premises like a thief. i asked him to quickly hide somewhere. viraj quickly slipped under the bed. a yawning abhi entered my room.

“i guess i heard you shouting, is everything finë?” asked abhi

“ya of course , it was just that i saw a rat so i shouted.” i was satisfied with my answer as i feared rats a lot but abhi didn’t seem too convinced. the drowsiness of his eyes vanished and he looked here and there. i was afraid as he investigated the room. i obviously did not want him to catch me hiding a boy in my room.

finally something popped out of his mouth, “are you sure it was a rat? “

“maybe”i replied with a very unsure face hiding my nervousness.

"Amm in that case you can go to my room and sleep there. I will stay here tonight." I got goosebumps as he said that. I immediately shouted "no no, I can't sleep in any other room I need the odour and the feel of my room to sleep."

Abhi smiled and then shouted "mouse!!"

I ran and climbed my bed while asking him "where?" I promised never to lie about rats. Now that the rats were upset with me for spoiling their name ,They are here for a revenge. But as I was deriving conclusions abhi started laughing badly. So he was joking. He boiled the pot completely today. I took the flower vase on my bed side and ran with it after him. But suddenly he went out of sight.I looked here and there and then I felt hands on my waist. He grabbed me in his arms. He looked into my eyes. Everytime abhi looked into my eyes i felt complete. The basic human needs ended there, the time stopped there, only love prevailed in the skies then. My cheeks turned red. He Looked down on seeing me blush and left me. And to spoil everything he cracked a bad joke, "was just checking if your eyes are clean" I smiled and poked him by my elbow.

"Good night abhi" I said as I wanted him to go away, because I love viraj now and I can only viraj now.

"Good night preyal" he gave me a goodnight kiss on my forehead and went away.

I went to sleep on my bed as I forgot all about viraj. He came out of the bed and stood like a mountain between me and the moonlight. I opened my eyes slowly and  realised that viraj was still there. I was panicked once again and asked him to leave. I promised to listen to him tomorrow morning but for then it was important for him to leave. He looked disappointed and gave me a forced smile before leaving. I felt bad. He wanted me and I turned him away. I went out running and found him the garden. I snacthed his hand to stop him. He turned back and smiled.

"What are you doing here madam?"

"Sssh..come with me." I indicated him to follow me. I took him to a bench in the garden. We sat there. It was perfect in all means. I was with the guy I loved so much and everything complimented it so beautifully. Viraj I wish I  could tell you that you are not just a good friend but much more than that in my life. He looked at me very excitedly. I smiled at his childish behaviour and asked him," what is it that dragged you here at this time?"

"Guess what, I got my first tattoo done." I was full of anger on seeing that stupid dragon tattoo, I just to make sure that I was not sleeping, pinched myself and then asked him , " you sneaked in like a thief for this stupid tattoo?"

"It is not stupid." He made a nasty face.

I raised my eyebrows and watched the stupid boy as he continuously praised his tattoo. I then stood up and began to leave.

"Pre, don't go away. Please!"

The sweetness of his voice was magnetic. I turned back, the cold breezes got stronger, I felt some drops on my face, it started raining. I ran under the shade but he stood there looking at me. I ran back and dragged him here. I was shivering. The winter rains are freezing. I asked him, "are you mad? Why were you standing on the rain? Because of you even I am completely drenched."

He took my wet hair and placed them behind my ear and said, " the skies spoke in my favour today, I was thanking them." I didn't understand what he meant. He smiled and said "they helped me know be it what you will always come for me."

I looked into his eyes, the silence enveloped the environment. And my heart fastened. He continued,

"You know pre everything and anything that happens in my life is from you for you or about you. There is nothing that I can ever hide from you. But Pre i expect you have to the same trust in me."

I was confused, " I trust you viraj"

"Do you love abhedya?" He looked straight into my eyes... I was too confused to say anything. I luv him and only him, abhi was my great friend but I loved only him. I was hurt by the question, why did he ask that? I pushed him away and went back to my room.

I went to the balcony to see if he was gone. But he was still there. I messaged him,"viraj, please go, we will talk about it tomorrow"

He read the message and then quietly went away.

website: http://pariplanet.com