falling apart

ahh the next big thing was there. school life was over. means now abhi will not do my homeworks, assignments or projects anymore. abhi is studious guy and i like to lie on his bed and see him study while emptying packets of chips one after another. board exams were horrible but i knew i would pass easily and i did. abhi scored 94% but was still not happy whereas i was dancing on getting 78%. but if only i knew that this difference of 16% would put some 1500 kms between us i would have  studied harder. abhedya got admission in his dream college that was in pune. with such bad grades it was impossible for me to get there. i was deeply upset. i hated it when someone close to me went away from me. even a little communication gap hurts. how would i bear this loooooooong distance. i could not hug him every night now.

namnish uncle approached me in the evening. i sat there on my bed all shattered.  i had not eaten anything since i heard the news. he sat by my side and then started in his usual way, he then cleared his throat an said,  "what am i listening preyal?”  

i made a nasty face and ignored the question completely. he again cleared his throat and started, “preyal you both stayed together from the very starting of your life. you guys are inseparable. wonderful friends and each others best companion. but the real fun of friendship is when you have to stay apart. then only we will know how strong friends are you.”

“uncle i am not a child that you are trying to put me in all this. i completely understand it is for abhi but what about me. i cannot live a day without him.”

“preyal” his tone was a little strict now. “you need to understand this time. it is about abhi’s life. and i am sure being his wellwisher you will never come between him and his dreams. i have admitted you in the excellence college of marketing. i want you complete your studies from delhi and then take over your father’s business.”

today  his tone was different. i knew that this time he means it. it was a test for us and our friendship. uncle asked me to come downstairs and have dinner otherwise shanu will be upset. he knew that i not in anyway can ever hurt shanu.i went down for dinner. as i was going back to my room i saw abhi was packing his bags. he was holding a photograph of us. he kissed it and kept it in between his clothes.  i smiled and said to myself, “he will miss me.”

website: http://pariplanet.com