chapter 9

Wanda and Pietro came back in the late afternoon, with many bags of items. I watched them as they began to put the food away, they made it look so effortless, they seemed to be in perfect sync with each and the motions fluid. I couldn't help but smile at how close they were, a ping of sadness went through my heart. Wanda and Pietro's closeness made me wish for that with my brother instead of the constant anger and hatred.

I stared out the window as I thought about mine and Tony's relationship, wondering if there was a way to repair it.

"Are you alright princesa?"

Pietro had come over to me and seen me staring out the window, I nodded and smiled.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just gonna go for a walk before dinner. See you guys later."

I left the hut before they could question me.

Pietro pov
The look in Luna's eyes made me worry, I could see something had upset her. I sat on the couch and watched her follow a path down the mountain until she was out of sight.

Brother what's wrong?

"Nothing I'm fine Wanda"

Liar. Don't worry Pietro she will be fine.

"How do you know"

I read her mind, she is upset that she isn't as close to her brother like I am with you. I think she misses having that sort of connection with someone.

Wanda sat next to me and gave me a hug. 

Now lets finish unpacking.

Luna pov
I followed a path down the mountain to a little spring, the sun had set and it was dark now, the moon light filled the area in a soft glow. I had always loved the night, it was always so peaceful and quiet. I sat at the edge of the water and listen to the flow of it hitting the rocks, just like the first time I came upon this spring when Starla was a pup. She was restless most nights and I quickly found that my singing soothed her, the memory of the lullaby I sang popped into my mind and I found myself singing.

Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine.

Little one, when you play
don't you mind what they say
let your eyes sparkle and shine
never a tear, baby of mine.

If they knew sweet all about you
they'd end up loving you too

all those same people who scold you

what they'd give just for the right to hold you

From your head to your toes
You're not much heaven knows
but your so precious to me
Sweet as can be, baby of mine.

The lullaby made a tear fall from my eye as I thought of Starla and how much I missed her. I stared out at the water when I heard clapping coming from behind me. I snapped my head around and saw Pietro leaning against a tree.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Not long princesa, I came looking for you and heard such sweet singing and followed the voice. Your song was beautiful, you have any amazing voice"

I felt my cheeks turn red at his compliment, I don't normally sing in front of people. Pietro sat down behind me and pulled me into his lap, holding me against his chest in a tight embrace. He moved his fingers to my chin a lift my eyes to meet his gaze, he saw the tear that had escaped my eye and gently wiped it away with his thumb.

"Please talk to me princesa, what is wrong?"

"I'm just missing someone." I whisper.

Pietro didn't press me for more information, he just held me close. His body was warm even on a cold night like tonight, and it made me warmer. We sat there for a long time just enjoying being in each others company. I felt his hand cup my face and he pulled me into a kiss, his lips were so soft like velvet and his kiss was gentle. He eventually pulled away to breath and lean his forehead to mine.

"Princesa we should head back, its late and Wanda is wondering when we are coming back."

You chuckled and nodded. Pietro slid you off his lap and helped you to stand, he picked you up bridal style and ran you both back to the hut in a matter of seconds. Wanda was sitting on the couch with a book in her hand when you entered, she placed the book down and run to you and enveloped you in a hug.

"Are you OK Luna?"

"I'm fine Wanda, I promise." I smiled at her. She sighed in relief.

I made my way the kitchen and started to prepare some food. I took out the deer meat I had prepared earlier and cooked it in a pan with some vegetables and noodles, once ready I place a good portion into both Wanda's and Pietro's bowls while only putting a single scoop in mine. I brought the bowls over to them as they sat on the couch, when they saw the amount in their bowls compared to mine they gave me a worried look.

"Luna why do you have so little in your bowl?" asked Wanda.

"When I was in HYDRA I was feed one small meal a day, so my body has grown used to eating small amounts, if I eat to much I tend to throw up."

Wanda and Pietro both looked at me shocked, but didn't comment further. Once the meal was finished I took the bowls to the sink and washed the dishes as Wanda dried, Pietro took the chance to get a shower in while we worked. After ten minutes Pietro emerged shirtless and a towel around his waist from the bathroom, I glanced at him and quickly turned my head away as I felt the blush adorn my cheeks. I felt Wanda's smirk towards me as she took her turn in the shower. Pietro ducked into his room and came back out after a few minutes in jeans but goddamn it he was still shirtless! I swear he just loved seeing my face red from embarrassment.

Wanda didn't take as long in the shower as Pietro but as soon as she was out I immediately closed myself in the bathroom. The hot water had been used up but I didn't care, I like the coldness of water sometimes it would help drown out any bad memories that had creeped up during the day. Once I was clean I hopped out and looked into the mirror, the towel that was wrapped around me didn't really cover my scars that I had received from HYDRA. They were a constant reminder of my past which I wanted to forget but no matter how much I cover them I still knew they were there. Sighing I pulled back on my jeans and long sleeved shirt and walked out the bathroom. The twins were playing cards and Pietro had finally put on a bloody shirt, I sat next to Wanda and watched them play until I grew tired. I wished them good night and shut the door to my room, I laid in bed wishing for a dreamless sleep.