chapter 13

Maya's Pov:
Its been two months since Josh left. I miss him so much. I miss his cute laugh and his beautiful smile and everything about him I miss.

We Skype every day. And talk on the phone everyday. We text everyday. I almost got in trouble by Mr. Matthews because I was laughing at the cute text Josh sent me but I told him I was just thinking of something funny.

Mr and Mrs Matthews still don't know about me and josh. I'm actually kind of scared to tell them. I don't think their going to like it....... Especially Mr. Matthews. I mean.... His brother dating his daughter's best friend who is like his daughter? That seems kind of weird. But I don't care, I love Josh.

I'm living with the Matthews now. Its pretty cool to be living in the same house as your best friend. Riley and I always have sleepovers like before. We bring all of out pillows and blankets into the living room and try to pull an all nighter but then Riley ends up falling asleep.

At school Riley had told Mr. Matthews that she would rather go to the movies with Lucas than have a video chat with Josh. I don't know why she thinks watching a movie with Lucas is better than talking to her uncle that she hasn't seen in two months. Anyways, Mr. Matthews pulled out a TV. I don't know why.

"Okay Riley, since you don't want to talk to your uncle I guess you don't want to see this." Mr. Matthews said turning on the TV. When he turned it on Josh appeared on the TV. I was so happy! Riley looked a little happy but not as much as me. I tried to play it cool and act like I was only excited because I like him and not because he was my boyfriend. Mr. Matthews still only thinks I like him.

"Hi uncle josh!" Riley smiled.

"Hey Riles!" Josh said flashing her his beautiful smile.

"Hi Josh." I said standing up and walking to the TV.

"Hey Maya." He smiled.

I hugged the TV and whispered "we're going to get married some day."

Mr. Matthews heard me and pulled me away.

"Still too old for you Maya." Josh said making it very believable.

"Don't forget Josh. I'm in it for the long game."

"So I've heard."

The girl sitting next to me twirled her hair and said "Josh is cute."

I glared at her and said "Back off sister, he's mine."

"Ok! I have one more surprise!" Mr. Matthews smiled really widely. He opened the door and josh came walking in.

"Josh!" I yelled and jumped on him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he hugged me back harder then I hugged him. We realized that everyone was looking at us especially Mr. Matthews so I jumped off of him and we both stood there embarrassed.

"Umm, so. Good to see you." Josh said.

"Yeah, same here."

"That was a little more than just a
'good to see you'." Mr. Matthews said suspicious.

"No no, it was just a 'good to see you' hug." Josh said playing it off.

"Ok what ever you say." Mr. Matthews said.

"Uncle Josh!" Riley said smiling really big. She ran and hugged him so tight. "I missed you!"

"Oh so know you love me?" Josh asked.

"I've always loved you. Dad just wouldn't let me go to see a movie with Lucas."

"Well if I had a choice to go see a movie with a girl I liked or video chat with a family member I haven't seen in two months... I would pick family." Josh said as Riley put her head down.

"Yes Riley, because family comes before friends!" Mr. Matthews said proving a point.

"Ok your right but sometimes you have to make time your friends." Riley said defending herself but it didn't work.

"Yeah sometimes you do but today is all about your family. He's only staying for a couple days. Your not going to that movie!" Mr. Matthews yelled at Riley.

She sat down and looked down at her desk.

"Its ok Riley. We can go another time." Lucas said trying to make her better.

"Yeah, after josh leaves." Mr. Matthews told Riley.

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been really busy with school. I will try to write more. Again I'm so sorry!