Chapter 20: Welcome to the Jungle

~Nova's POV~

Cold was the night when I felt no one by my side. "Babe...?"

I placed my feet on the floor, still scratching my eye from waking up.

"Yes. I'll take care of it...I'm sure it'll work." I heard John's voice from the living room. He dropped the call.

"Hey...who was that?" He turned around when he heard me speak. "You're jumpy."

"That was just uhh...chief. He assigned me a new case." We've been together for years. I know exactly when he's lying.

"Sure. I'll just uhhh go back to sleep. You should too."

"I will." Walking back to bed, I widened my mind and looked into the future. Unfortunately, the same thing happened when I tried looking for Eva. My powers grew blunt, I don't know why.

Translucent pictures and blurred lines made up my vision. I heard distant screams and cries.

"Help!...Look how easy it was for me to-...Puerto Rico!"

Wait...What's in Puerto Rico?

I couldn't recognize the voices I heard nor paint their faces.

"Hey, there. I thought you were going back to bed."

"Yeah yeah l'm just a bit sleepy, that's all. I'm exhausted."

"Alright, come on." He lifted me on his arms in a newly wed pose to the bedroom...then I heard a voice "...it was John."

"Ok, sleepyhead. Go to sleep." I nodded and looked the opposite of where he was.

It was John? What does that mean?

I recognized that voice...Adrien. I have to talk to him.

~Eva's POV~

"Are you okay?" Dean asked me right after he closed the door.

I turned to face him and felt the soft kiss of the bed I was laying on. "Yeah, just tired."

He sighed and walked towards me. "Know what you need?" He guided my body to sit up and laid his fingers on my temples while he was behind me and started massaging my head. "Massage."

"'Mmm" I moaned.

"Feels good?"

"Mhmm." He grabbed my jaw softly and landed a kiss on my forehead...my cheek...my lips.

"Hey..." I pushed myself away. Somehow, it felt wrong and I didn't want it but I know I should. He's my husband anyway. I leaned in, closer and his rose, cotton-soft lips, landed on me.

His hand slid my sleeves off my shoulder and took the top piece of clothing I have. He started thrusting and I felt the heat between us build. "Uhh..." I let out a soft moan.

I screamed when he started touching every inch of me. Legs...thighs... "AH!"

"Shhh..."

~Zia's POV~

"WHAT NOW?!" Siri asked.

"WE JUMP!"

"WHAT?! Bixby asked. "ARE YOU INSANE?!"

"ON THREE!" Liv took our hands. "1, 2, 3!"

*1 hour earlier*

The sounds of the wave made me open my eyes. The sand poked my skin as I tried to move a muscle. I opened my eyes and saw rocks, sand, and water.