1.05

Melissa Gordon was a person who had very strong morals

Melissa Gordon was a person who had very strong morals. She knew what was wrong and right which never lead her astray. It was made her trustworthy and honest but sometimes led to her overthink and having internal dilemmas.

Today, she sat in the gallery watching Meredith's open-heart surgery, Melissa ate her muffin and scanned through her article.

"I wish I could hold a heart," George whined to his fellow interns.

"A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina pointed out.

"At least she is in the OR. Also, you're mad Burke didn't ask you." Mel let out.

"George, I need more ice and chips." Izzie chimed in as she joined them.

"Who else did you invite?" George asked.

Melissa wasn't a big fan of parties. She liked going on rare occasions to go to a club or party, but with house parties just left too big of messes. She also knew that with this party she would end up cleaning it up with Izzie.

"Izzie, we said the list was jocks only. Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?" Cristina asked.

Mel narrowed her gaze at Izzie's guilty face and questioned her " Who did you invite, Isobel Stevens?"

"Just some people from Peds." She answered with no concern in the world.

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house! The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks."  Cristina exclaimed to her blonde friend. "She invited mental defects. This party's D.O.A."

" Cristina, that's not nice and, hopefully, they won't cause issues to Meredith's house. FYI, peds is a competitive specialty plus the nurses are very nice and can help us because of me." The small brunette scolded her friend.

" Okay, I'm very sorry, Sunshine."

"Yup". She said while giving Cristina the sweetest smile.

"You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" George pointed out.

" No, but I will." The blonde tried to explain to her three friends who just flashed her accusing looks. " I promise."

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town at a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina said which resulted in Melissa giggling.

"No. I just want him to meet some of my friends."

" Right. Sixty geeks in scrubs are your friends." Cristina said while her pager went off which caused her to get up and leave. " Bad sex, sucks for you"

"I heard there was a party tonight at Meredith's house,"  Alex said coming into the gallery.

" Uh, news to me." Izzie denied looking at Mel to support her lie.