2.08

Season 4 Episode 11

But when things fall apart ... even just a little ... it becomes clear- we're no better than animals.

"So am I gonna be told why I was kidnapped at 4 in the morning with the promise of donuts but I don't see them," Melissa said beyond tired

"So am I gonna be told why I was kidnapped at 4 in the morning with the promise of donuts but I don't see them," Melissa said beyond tired."  

" Yeah, are you gonna tell us where we're going?" Mark said.

"Why does it always have to be about the destination? Why can't it be about the journey?" Derek said as he continued in front of them. 

"Cause I'm wearing $300 shoes," Mark stated which caused Melissa to laugh. 

In that moment Melissa let out a gasp of horror at the cost of the shoes Mark was wearing. 

"Why would you wear that expensive shoes? Knowing well we are friends with a man who lives in the wild and likes nature" Melissa questioned. 

"Why not," Mark said  

"That could feed me for at least three weeks or pay rent," Melissa informed Sloan as she tried to keep up with Derek. 

"Will you both stop bickering over the shoes Mark wore," Derek said with some amusement. "Meredith told me she doesn't want me seeing other people."

Melissa stopped walking for a moment when Derek spoke those words. 

"You're talking about Mer," Melissa questioned which received a nod from Derek " Well, I think you should listen to her then because she is getting out of her comfort zone and asking you to not see people"

"She found out about you and Rose," Sloan said which caused Melissa to gasp. 

"Wait you mean the neuro nurse Rose," Melissa questioned behind the two attending who had left her behind.

 "No. There's nothing to find out. It was just a kiss." Derek said answering Mark while ignoring Melissa. 

 "Yeah, but you're not the guy who makes out with nurses in scrub rooms. Not that there's anything wrong with that." Mark spoke to Derek. 

"I shouldn't be here. You understand I'll have to tell Meredith and Cristina this. They know me too well with secrets and everything," Melissa said while looking down at the ground. 

Melissa was still processing what Derek said when she bumped into both men which caused her to look up. 

 "What do you think?" Derek asks them.

 "Well, what am I looking at?" Sloan asked.

 "The view from my new house," Derek stated.

"It's amazing," Melissa said in awe.