2.10

Season 4 Episode 13

Great surgeons aren't made, they're born. It takes gestation, incubation, sacrifice ... a lot of sacrifice. But after all the blood and guts and gooey stuff is washed away, that surgeon you become? Worth it.

 But after all the blood and guts and gooey stuff is washed away, that surgeon you become? Worth it

"Mom, I don't see Ben. What time was he supposed to get here again?" Mel asked her mother who was on the other side of the phone.

Before Mel could hear what her mother said she was startled by someone pulling her phone from her.

"Mom I'm safe and found her. Love you and we will call you later." Ben said to their mother while hanging up and handing Melissa the phone.

"Your so done you scared me" Melissa began while going in to hug her brother. "Hi, how was the flight"

"It was okay but felt so long," He said as they separated from the hug.

"Well I hope you aren't tired because the fun is about to start at the hospital because I have this," Melissa said as she held up the sparkly pager.

"Umm a pager which is bejeweled," Ben questioned his sister.

"Well, brother this is what is going to allow us to give you the best experience and will cause you to transfer here," Mel said as she wrapped her arm around Ben's neck and began walking towards the exit.

~~~~~

"So what do you think so far Ben," Mel said to her brother as they approached the skin lab.

"Well we have been here for like an hour and from that I have seen the lobby and the cafeteria Mel," Ben responded to his sister.

"Okay yes it's been boring but you were hungry and me being the best sister fed you. Also, I think Dr. Sloan the head of plastics is in there creating skin for a case," Mel said which caused Ben's eyes to light up as they walked into the skin lab.

"Good Morning Dr. Sloan," Mel said as they approached him.

"Good Morning Doll," Mark said not looking up from what he was doing.

Ben couldn't help but laugh at the endearment that he heard his sister being called. Deep laughter caused Mark to turn around and notice the pair who had walked in. 

" Morning, " Ben said to the surgeon. 

"Dr. Gordon who is this," Mark said not paying attention to the man beside Melissa.