Chapter 4

Midoriya's POV:

"Mommy?" Midoriya asks.

Inko turns around with a gentle smile and bends down. "Yes sweetie?"

"Why can't I see Kacchan?"

Inko rubs Izuku's arm and lightly squeezes it. "Katsuki has gone somewhere where he can learn to control his Quirk. When he gets back you guys can play all you want!"

"Yay!" He cheers. "I hope he comes back soon!"

Izuku runs around his apartment in his All Might onsie with his matching doll in hand. "I am here!" He imitates with a beaming smile. Suddenly, his mum walks out of the lounge room with a sorrowful expression. "Mummy? What's wrong?" He asks with innocently.

"Izuku sweetie, please sit on the lounge," she says sadly.

"Huh?" He questions but heads to the couch's so sits down.

Inko bends down in front of him and grabs the All Might doll out of his hand, placing it beside him and squeezes his hands. "This is going to be tough for you to hear, but..." she pauses, tears welling. "Aunty Mitsuki has informed me that Hiroto has... died. He'd accidentally activated his Quirk on himself."

"Huh?" Izuku refuses to accept the fact handed to him on a silver platter. He stares frozen in shock. Inko immediately pulls him into a strong hug.

"I'm so sorry Izuku!"

Before they know it, both are crying bottles.

Izuku walks beside Todoroki towards the lunchroom, eyes down casted, thoughts running wild. "Are you OK, Midoriya?" Todoroki asks.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine," he replies quickly with a nervous smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Well, I'm just confused I guess you could say," he explains.

"Is it something I could help you on?"

Izuku chuckles lightly. "I don't think so. It's just that Bakugou likes oddly familiar to someone I knew when I was much younger. Something happened though and he went somewhere to get his Quirk under control. One thing led to another and he died. But when I saw Bakugou in junior high, I just couldn't wrap my head around their similarity and I still can't."

"Wow. Maybe you should confront Bakugou about it."

"I tried. He just said it was a coincidence."

"Oh..."

They fall back into silence again.