Chapter 6

Bakugou's POV:

Ok this is weird. This is after the hero studies. You'll understand.

It's a Saturday and the suns beating down, coating everything with warmth. Shinsou, Todoroki and Katsuki head to Gym Gamma to meet Aizawa-sensei for Quirk training. They're in their sports uniform but Katsuki has a black long sleeve shirt on underneath. He's sweating from the boiling heat.

They meet Aizawa-sensei in the Gym, sun still blaring into the oddly stuffy room. "Good morning Aizawa-sensei," Todoroki greets.

"Hello. Bakugou, you are going to overheat in that undershirt," Aizawa says.

Bakugou groans and rolls up his sleeves. At least he's not in front of the entire class. There's a small scars coating his forearm where Overhaul has sliced him for doing something wrong. A chill runs down his spine. Everyone stares at him. "Stop staring idiots! It's not that big of a deal!" He growls.

Everyone snaps out of their dazes and begin training.

During their break, Shinsou asks what the scar is about. "Three years of torture does that to you." He laughs lightly.

"Huh? Bakugou are you ok?" Aizawa-sensei asks.

"Geez. Of course I'm lying. God, it's from villain attacks. Jeez," he says with fake annoyance.

As Todoroki and Katsuki walk back to Heights Alliance, Todoroki asks, "Bakugou, why is Eri your motivation?"

Katsuki stays silent. He knows he can trust Todoroki but he's not sure to what extent he should explain. "Eri and I have a shared past, you could say. She kept me alive. I want to do the same for her," he explains calmly. Todoroki opens the door to the dorms and both slip in. Bakugou pulls out the photo of Eri and shows it to Todoroki. "This is Eri a few years ago. She was 2 then."

"Hey, I saw her during hero studies!" A chirpy voice calls out. Katsuki snaps his head around to see Midoriya.