Chapter 16

NOTORIOUS

Chapter 16

"Sir, the woman you have a meeting with is here," Amy informs me as I make my way to my office.

"Oh, okay," I say, handing her my briefcase and coat. I head towards the lunchroom where I see her sitting with Dave and other office members. She's laughing at something. I enter the room quietly and stand behind Dave as I hear him say, "Don't worry Ms. Harding, Mr. Styles isn't as scary as he seems." He pauses and turns around with a gasp as soon as his eyes find me standing there. At that, Thea stands up abruptly from the couch and drops her purse in the process as she yelps, "Mr. Styles is here!" She quickly picks up her purse from the floor, looks at me, gets up, and rushes in my direction.

"Mr. Styles this is Thea Harding. She's here for a job." Dave tells me with a nervous chuckle. 

"I know. I was the one who called her." I give Dave a look to which he lowers his eyes. "And I see you've met them already." I shove my hands in my pant pockets as I say.

"Yes. This is Mr. Dave who handles civil cases. This is Mr. Josh who handles criminal cases and this is Ms. Amy from the administration." She grins at the end.

"Good. Follow me and we'll discuss this." She nods and follows behind.

------------

"Ian might think it's a good thing that Susan apologized to you but to me, it seems like the calm before a storm," Danny comments moving his hands in different directions as he always does when he speaks. We were coming out of the building after the shooting was done. "And before we know it, it'll turn into a tsunami that will destroy everyone and everything." I look at him as he makes a scared face and then pull out the car keys from my purse. I was wearing a black jumpsuit that had a round neckline and wide crossed straps on the back, with black Gucci loafers, and my hair were neatly tied in a french braid, some loose strands falling on my neck.

I advance towards the door of the car to open it but Danny stops me. "Jade, the series is over so there shouldn't be a problem, right?" He ponders, his hand cupping his chin. I take in a huge breath and let out a forced yeah. I don't want to talk about something that I have no control over because Susan is a ticking time bomb and you never know what might trigger her to explode.

I open the door of the driver's seat when Danny asks, "What's that smell J?"

"Oh," I extend my arm towards the passenger's seat and grab a bag. "It's the fried chicken that you like." I hand him the bag, he opens it and takes a look. 

"But you've got too many bags in there." He signals to other bags in the front seat.

"I bought these for the kids." I smile at him and begin to sit down in the car.

"What kids? Jade!" He pulls me back by my arm. He takes a moment to think about what I'm saying and his expression change from that of confusion to fear as he begins to panic. "Don't tell me-"

"Uh uh!" I raise my hand up signalling him to stop with the lecture that was on the very tip of his tongue. "Tomorrow I only have one event at 1 pm right?" He nods, brows knitted together. "Okay!" I reach for the door again.