Chapter 4

NOTORIOUS

CHAPTER 4

"Laura? What's that sound? Laura?" I asked, my eyes wide with terror, heart rate accelerating as I heard Laura's high pitched scream through the phone.  "Laura!? Laura do you hear me? Laura!" I yelled, eyebrows knitted together and shivers of terror started running up and down my spine. A few seconds rolled till I heard a woman's voice through the phone.

"HEY! Miss? Miss?" I heard the sound of footsteps, my eyes wide open in alarm. "Hey!! You have to be alright. HEY! I-I-I'm sorry" My mouth parted in shock. "I-I didn't mean to. . ." Whoever she was, her voice quivered as she spoke. My throat went dry as I processed the whole situation in my mind and I knew what had happened as much as I wished it hadn't.

"Laura?" Tears started to pool in my eyes as I called out to my girlfriend in a trembling voice. "Laura! What happened Laura!?" I shouted in the phone not beginning to believe all of it. I pushed the door and dashed downstairs with my phone still pressed to my ear. 

"Miss!" I muttered, my whole body shaking and turning into ice with fear. But she did not respond. I crouched down next to her with wobbly legs, trying to focus on her face but the drug I had been injected with didn't help me and it got worse. I couldn't keep my eyes open. Just then headlights of a car reaching me, caused me to squeeze my eyes shut. And when I opened them again after a few blinks I could see Danny and Stefan getting out of the car.

"Jade!" Danny screeched and ran towards me. I stood up with all my might and as he came near me I stumbled and was about to fell down but Danny caught me. I had no strength and I was about to give up and the last thing I saw was ,the girl lying on the road with blood oozing out of her head.

I drove fast like a maniac. I didn't know what had happened and I was afraid what I had assumed would be somehow correct but I did not want to believe it until I could see it with my own eyes. But thinking about that, I realized I didn't even have the courage to believe it, let alone see it. As I reached that road, I could see police and their lights blinking.

"Laura!" I dashed out of the car and ran towards the police car. "Laura!?" I shouted, running but the police stood around the area. "Sir you can't go in." They stopped me holding out their arms in front of me. "She's my girlfriend! What happened here?" I spoke while trying to fight them so I could have my way in. "Where's the injured?" I shouted in madness. "She was sent to the hospital." The police man replied.

"Harry! Hey Harry!" I heard someone calling me. I looked towards the direction of the sound and found Mark. I pushed the police officers away and ran in his way. 

"Mark!" I yelled.

"Calm down Harry."

"What happened here?" He, too, stopped my way for going any further. "Where's Laura!" I questioned, tears in my eyes with the fear of something I didn't want to believe.

"Calm down Harry." He repeated causing me to get restless and annoyed.

"Mark WHERE IS LAURA!?" I screamed in his face, grabbing his collar in my hands. He gulped and sighed. "She's in the hospital." And I didn't hear anything else and ran towards my car.