Chapter 1

NOTORIOUS

CHAPTER : 1

Ting, the elevator sounded. As the door to the elevator opened, he pushed me in. He was all over me, brushing his hands down my back. We were getting hot and heavy. The crimson color of my dress matched the color or of my smooth cheeks. With another Ting sound, the elevator stopped. The door opened directly into a private suite. He shoved me on the bed, my back hitting the soft surface of the bed and he hovered me. I could feel his lips brushing against my neck.

As I turned my head, I saw his hand pulling out a pistol underneath the pillow. I instantly pulled his hair back which caused him to grunt and fall on the bed. He lost his balance and I got a good opportunity to snatch the pistol from his hand but unfortunately failed to do so. He pushed me back while I tried snatching the weapon from his hands. Now we both stood on the floor. My back facing his front. The pistol fell on the bed. His hands groping me. I used my elbow and hit him hard in his stomach. He let out a painful voice. I put my arm around his neck and threw him on the bed with force. Immediately I myself got on the bed, over him, picking up the pistol skillfully. I pointed the pistol on his chest, breathing heavily.

"May! Listen to me first. Everything is just a game. If I don't do it, I will die!" he pleaded.

"And how can I be sure that if I follow the game I won't die?" I questioned.

"I might have tricked you in many things..." he paused, looking at me
carefully. "But there is one thing I never tricked you about... I really love you May, I love you" he confessed. I stared back at him not believing a single word he said.

"Since I was born, I never believed that true love existed. Everything is profit. Until I met you.. You changed my beliefs. Made me know what love was like." I said in a polite way. "And today... you made me see that I was wrong... there's no such thing as love! Everyone is selfish! They do everything for themselves!" I said venomously while tears gathered at the brink of my eyes.

"Do everything to get what they want!" I added. "Backstab... deceit... betrayal ! In the end.. The only love in this world is to love yourself!" I screamed and stifled a cry.

"M-May.." he cried but I didn't listen at all and continued with my words. "And this is a thanks for a very expensive lesson." He looked at me and shook his head, fear dripping from his eyes. I took a pillow from the side and pushed it to his chest and before I knew I clicked the trigger and put a bullet in his chest. Feathers flew in the air, my lips trembling and hands shaking.

"Cut!" A voice said.

I took a breath of relief while everyone around me clapped their hands together, praising my performance. The guy I happen to "kill" got up and said, "Jade you played very well."

"You were great so I could do it." I remarked. "No...", he dragged but I
cut him off by saying, "check the clip."

I pushed myself up from the bed and walked away, wiping up my face to remove the fake blood falling from my lips. I walked out and entered the production room. On my way I took a tissue paper in order to wipe off the sweat forming on my face. "Superb!" and "amazing Jade" was all I heard.

Without giving any reaction to their words, I walked towards Ian. Ian is the director of the series I acted in.

I've loved acting ever since I was a child. Being an actress and a model was my only dream. People called me beautiful. This urged me to show the world what Jade Starlings is capable of. I'm half Thai and half British. My father was a British and he married a Thai woman, my mom. I was born in Thailand where we lived together happily but happiness doesn't last forever, does it? Just like that, things never remained the same. When I was 7, my dad lost his life in a car accident while returning back from his work. That was the hardest part of my life. We suffered a lot, me and my mother.