Chapter 2

NOTORIOUS

Chapter 2

"Mr. Martin?" A girl called when I was doing my touch-up. "Mr. Wayne told me to inform you that..."

"Don't tell me that . . ." I panicked, staring at that girl with wide eyes.

Just then I saw Mr. Wayne emerging from behind her. He stopped in front of me and said, "I'm sorry, this act is very dangerous and without prior practice I can't let her perform. So, I have to cut Jade from the show. I'm sorry." He apologized and turned around to leave while I stare at him in shock, trying to process his words. And when it clicked, I ran after him and took ahold of his arm.

"Oii, Mr. Wayne! If you won't let Jade perform then who will you replace her with? The show is very luxurious and extravagant. You can't use a simple actress to close the show.It won't be satisfying." I tried to persuade him. I had assumed the worst and I was about to find out if my assumptions were correct.

"Not a simple actress but a famous actress." He revealed, folding his hands on his chest with a satisfying smile on his face. "The truth is, actress has to walk with Jade but if Jade isn't here then she'll have to close the show herself." He shrugged his shoulders and begin to walk forward.

"Mr. Wayne! Close the show without Jade?" I stepped in front of him in a rush and shrieked. "Mr. Wayne you don't mean that . . . you're closing the show with . . ." And my assumptions were right. I had to do something. I could never let that happen to Jade.

You wait Samantha Miller !

"I am  a superstar." She smiled, sitting in front of mirror and playing with her hair.

"How can Jade Starlings be more famous than superstar of this industry Samantha Miller. No way!" Her assistant bragged making her grin widely.

"I won't let anyone outshine me. The only person who'll get the opportunity to close the show today is me!" She smirked while applying blush on her cheeks.

                                                                                   ----------

The show had started. Hundreds of people had gathered to watch the Fashion Show, all belonging to rich families. The venue was dark, the only lights were the spotlights that were on the models walking on the stage. One by one, models came to walk, adorned in their luxurious dresses and jewelry.

Samantha Miller came on the stage in a black dress, with a triumphant smile on her face as she got to the front of the audience, posing.Soon confusion took over her features as she noticed everyone in the audience looking towards the roof of the venue. 

"What is this? Wayne said Jade won't be here." I heard Samantha's assistant, Hannah say in confusion and surprise. I chuckled, loud enough for her to hear as I got closer to stand beside her. She pursed her lips, and balled her fists, trying to control her anger. The mere sight amused me to no end.

"Think you can beat me? huh!" I said and flicked my imaginary hair, facing away from her and adding fire to the fumes. "If I wasn't so good, I wouldn't have been in this industry for so long. Satisfying!" I smirked in her face. My sparkly suit matched the happiness on my face. I sighed in satisfaction and passed smile to  Mr. Wayne.