Chapter 5

NOTORIOUS

CHAPTER 5

This news was nothing but a game play for Samantha Miller. She always dreamed of destroying Jade Starling's life. One best way to do this was by snatching Jade's fame from her, snatching the spotlight from her and making her life gloomy. She was way more selfish than she intended to be. She had her cunning ways to make a way for herself. After all, she herself knew competing against Jade Starlings was not easy and this thought infuriated her to vexation.

Samantha sat on a sofa of a luxurious looking hotel. Touching up her makeup with branded cosmetics, holding a mirror in her hands, carrying a wide yet cunning smile on her face. As she pecked her pink painted lips with lipstick, her assistant came and sat beside her hastily as if she wanted to spill out some important news. 

"I heard that today Danny cancelled all of Jade's bookings..." this caused Samantha to snap her head towards her. "Causing frenzy throughout the industry," her assistant continued with her gossip. Samantha listened to her with keen interest. This provoked a smile on Samantha's face and she continued to smear lipstick on her smiley lips. "But Danny sent freebies to help out the event so he was able to silent the event holders." 

She told Samantha about Danny's support for Jade. But surprisingly this didn't cause any problem to Samantha in fact she smirked and replied, "Hiding out like this means that the news about Jade hitting someone and throwing the blame to the driver is true." She said, ideas running in her devilish mind. 

"But reporters also gossiped that Danny threatened all news outlets to not print Jade's news because it isn't true and if they write it again they will send a lawyer to sue." She huffed and said while mixing up a cup of tea for her "boss" and handing it over to her. 

"He thinks he is big enough to protect Jade Starlings?" smile never leaving Samantha's lips. After saying this she took a sip of her hot tea. After awhile she asked "Are there any reporters at this event?" facing her assistant, Pam. 

"There is." Pam replied plus half questioned raising her eyebrows. Samantha just smiled and when she didn't utter a word Pam continued, "Waiting to interview celebrities out front." She said dragging the word "celebrities" and wiping Samantha's face with a wipe. "But if you don't want to give interview I will take you out through the back." Pam tried assuring her. 

"No... I want to give interview." Samantha chirped. Pam furrowed her eyebrows as if asking for an explanation. "I feel my love for reporters just suddenly increased." Samantha replied with a smirk and adjusted her collar.

......

"Ian she gave an interview to the reporters that she saw Jade leave the hotel." Danny said annoyance clear in his words and tone. They both sat together and discussed about the current news.

"Yep. And every reporter I know, called to ask me too." Ian said exasperatedly. "And I stand firm on what you told me that Jade didn't drive that car. That Jade was with you at the event the entire time. They don't seem to believe it." Ian said eyeing Danny and shrugged his shoulders. 

"Ugh these reporters!" Danny groaned and stood up angrily, shaking his head and hands. "Samantha Miller! Her mouth! I should've slapped it last night!" anger filling Danny's voice. Danny scoffed, but controlled himself. "And if reporters dig at this and find out its Jade.... What will I do?" Danny het up about the hot issue but soon realized what a big blunder he did. This realization hit him so hard that he put up both of his hands on his mouth in order to shut himself up. Danny now looked at Ian with a horrid expression waiting for his reaction.