Chapter 26

"Hi Dinah, oh you wanna know why I didn't tell you about your sons." Normani said as she looked at herself in the mirror, while putting the finishing touches on her hair. " I have a perfectly good explanation for that, maybe because I couldn't. Where have you been for the past 10 ye-. Naw you can't come in like that"

Normani sighed as she made her last stroke with the brush, setting it down and staring at her self in the mirror. "you ready" she said to herself. "What am I saying bitch you'll never be ready......'sigh'.... You are cute tho'.

Normani walks out of her room to find Megan stuffing her face with a big bowl of cereal. " No please make yourself at home" she said sarcastically. Megan rolled her eyes and said " Girl don't act like I don't do this on the daily. Plus your the the one that called me over here to watch the kids while you go talk to yo baby mama, so don't get mad at me" she returned to her movie ignoring Normani's side gestures.

" Whatever. Imma head out, if the kids wake up make sure they get something to eat, and please don't burn my house down" Megan smacked her lips and said " bitch this big ass place would take 3 days to burn down." They bid their goodbyes and Normani was out the door.

While walking down the front stairs she see's her driver chad and body guard Julius standing in front of the car. Once everyone was strapped in, Julius filled in Normani on the plan. " So I called ahead and had them clear out the cafe, Ms. Hansen is already there. Chad were going through the back" chad nods at Julius info.

——————-
Normani's POV

Ok, you got this. Walk in calm and collective. Julius opens the back door and makes sure the place is clear. Once he's pleased with the environment he escorts me to the table with a certain blonde sitting there. Once she sees me, she gets up and pulls my chair out. I roll my eyes, but sit down anyway.

"Hi" she said as she took her seat. "Hey" I said still thinking of how I'm gonna explain this "I ordered you an iced coffee with extra caramel I know how you like that". She think she know me, cold bitch has entered the chat. " I use to like it, but caramel started to leave a sour taste in my mouth" I can see her flinch by my subtle yet harsh words. I can sense she was about to make small talk, so I decided to get to the point " Dinah why am I here" I asked.

"Because I have a 10 year old son that I didn't know about till yesterday"

"Two"

" What?"

"You have two ten year old sons" at this she froze and lean in her chair. " You had twins" she asked in disbelief. All I did was nod to confirm her realization. " C-can I see a picture of them". Pull out my phone scroll through my photos and pic four pictures. " This is them when they were born, them when they turned two, them at 5 , And them now"

 " This is them when they were born, them when they turned two, them at 5 , And them now"

She smiles at unfamiliar memories

She smiles at unfamiliar memories. " Wow, mani they look just like us. Fraternal twins are super rare too" I'm shook a little by her words, I thought I would have to explain the situation but she got it off rip. " I thought you were going to deny one of them, and that I'd have to explain it to you" she laughed and looked at me " I'm not that dumb teenager you once knew mani, I've become wiser over the years"

I nod and look down at my hands, thinking of what I'm going to say for her next question. What could possibly come out of her mouth next " So I guess this is Josh's daughter huh" I looked up and realized that she had swiped through my phone and found a pic of Aaliyah, I snatched my phone out of her hand to keep her from scrolling " No, that's not me and joshes daughter. Why you keep bringing him up anyway"I start to get heated at her accusations"

" I'm sorry I keep bringing up the person that you cheated on me with, I'm sorry if that makes you angry. But he's the reason I didn't get to watch MY kids grow up" she said getting just as angry as me. " For the last time I didn't cheat on you, the one and only reason you wasn't in your kids life is because you left. Don't blame that on anyone but yourself"

I stare at her. she stares at me. Neither of us dare to look away, cause if we do, we feel that we lose. 5 mins passed In those five minutes we just there and stare at each other, gave me time to think. She left because " You left me at graduation because of josh, didn't you" She was the first to look away in guilt. "The day of graduation he came up to me in the flower shop, said that you was over his house the night before and that's why you weren't answering my calls. I mean how would he know, you wasn't answering my calls if he wasn't with you" she still looking at the ground " That's because the night before, he saw me at CVS, he didn't see me buy the pregnancy but he did see me decline your call at the time. I didn't know what to tell you at the moment so I just didn't answer you. I guess he got jealous and told you a different story" There's so much running through her mind right now, I can tell by the tears starting up in her eyes. " Mani, I'm so so so sor-" I hold my hand up to stop her from finishing " It's ok dee, I've had a lot of time to get over it. I'm fine" She lets the tears fall at my words, not for long though. She wipes her eyes and stares at me " We should keep this in the kids" she nods repeatedly "Right right, I'm when can I see them" she asked, so I decided to challenge her " How about now" I look dead into her eyes, to see if she's serious about this. She doesn't back down and nods. We both get up and head to our cars.

(A/N Y'all ready)