An idea

George got Amie back safely to the common room. Amie filled him in about what had happened, and then she fell asleep in his arms on the sofa. It wasn't the first time she'd used him as a pillow. The next morning Amie woke to the sun shining in her face. 
"George," Amie prodded him awake, her voice hoarse. George was sleeping still, his mouth open. "George, it's morning, we have to get up,"
"Huh?" George said, squinting.
"Good moorning," Amie smiled a little.
"Morning, Ames," he yawned.
"Don't fall back asleep, now," Amie teased, giving him a peck on the cheek before standing up and going upstairs to get ready. The rest of the girls were still asleep in the dormitory, so Amie snuck past them, fetching some clean robes from her closet, and going to the bathroom to change. She started by cleaning her face - looking in the mirror she could see that a splash of water wouldn't hide the fact that she'd been crying well into the night. Her face was blotchy, and her eyes were rather red. Amie tried to hide it with some makeup, but it could only do so little. After she changed, she exited the bathroom, coming face to face with her, now awake, room mates. 
"Amie," Hermione said softly, in a relieved voice, coming up to her and wrapping her up in a hug. "I was so worried,"
"I'm okay," Amie said in a quiet voice. Hermione gave her a look that clearly stated that they would talk about it later, before smiling and going into the bathroom.

When they walked down into the common room they met up with Harry and Ron, who greated Amie in a similar fashion to Hermione. She received hugs from them both, and then they started walking towards the great hall for breakfast.
"So what happened?" Ron asked. "Where were you? Did George find you?"
"He did, yeah." Amie nodded. "I was in the Owlery,"
"Did you need to send a letter?" Ron frowned. Hermione slapped him over his head.
"Something happened, didn't it?" Harry asked softly. "You were so quiet all day,"
"I'd rather not talk about it right now," Amie said, feeling tears welling up. They all must've noticed, because they didn't say another word about it.

Entering the Great Hall and walking up to the Gryffindor table, they were met with a furious Angelina Johnson. She started shouting at Harry for landing himself in detention again, so loudly, that Professor McGonagall came down from the staff table to yell at her.
"Miss Johnson, how dare you make such a racket in the Great Hall! Five points from Gryffindor!"
"But Professor — he's gone and landed himself in detention again —"
"What's this, Potter?" said Professor McGonagall sharply, rounding on Harry. "Detention? From whom?"
"From Professor Umbridge," Harry muttered, not meeting McGonagall's steady gaze.
"Are you telling me," she said, lowering her voice so that the group of curious Ravenclaws behind them could not hear, "that after the warning I gave you last Monday you lost your temper in Professor Umbridge's class again?"
"Yes," Harry muttered, speaking to the floor.
"Potter, you must get a grip on yourself! You are heading for serious trouble! Another five points from Gryffindor!"
"But — what? Professor, no!" Harry said, furious at this injustice. "I'm already being punished by her, why do you have to take points as well?"
"Because detentions do not appear to have any effect on you what-soever!"  said Professor McGonagall tartly. "No, not another word of complaint, Potter! And as for you, Miss Johnson, you will confine your shouting matches to the Quidditch pitch in future or risk losing the team Captaincy!"
As McGonagall strode back to the staff table, Angelina looked at Harry in disgust before stalking away herself. Harry sat down next to Ron, fuming.
"She's taken points off Gryffindor because I'm having my hand sliced open every night! How is that fair, how?"
"I know, mate," said Ron sympathetically, tipping bacon onto Harry's plate, "she's bang out of order."
Hermione, however, merely rustled the pages of her Daily Prophet and said nothing, while Amie just gave Harry a sad smile.
"You think McGonagall was right, do you?" said Harry angrily to the picture of Cornelius Fudge obscuring Hermione's face.
"I wish she hadn't taken points from you, but I think she's right to warn you not to lose your temper with Umbridge," said Hermione, from behind the picture of Fudge, who was gesticulating, probably making a speech.