Home

The rest of the party was very enjoyable. Harry's mood seemed to have lifted, Ron was boasting to everyone who would listen about his new broomstick, Hermione was talking to Lupin about S.P.E.W., Mrs. Weasley was trying to convince Bill to cut his hair, and over in a corner the twins were discussing something with Mundungus. Amie joined Ginny and started talking about the upcoming school year, and therefore she didn't notice Harry leaving, not long after Mrs. Weasley headed to bed. But when Lupin, Sirius and Moody left the room, Amie finally looked up.
"You know, Ginny, I think I'll go to bed," Amie said.
"Good night," said Ginny.
Amie hurried from the room, following the three men upstairs. She could now hear Mrs. Weasley sobbing.
"Mrs. Weasley, just get out of here!" came Harry's voice. "Let someone else -"
"What's going on?" asked Lupin, who'd entered the room Mrs. Weasley and Harry were in, along with Moody and Sirius. Amie hurried in after them, and she saw Harry dead on the floor. But - Harry was alive, he was standing right in front of her? Oh!
"Riddikulus!" Lupin said in a clear voice, having caught on to what was going on. Harry on the floor vanished, and was replaced by Lupin's moon hanging in the air. Lupin waved his wand again, and the moon disappeared in a puff of smoke. 
"Oh - oh - oh!" gulped Mrs. Weasley, starting to cry harder, hiding her face in her hands.
"Molly," said Lupin, walking over to her. "Molly, don't,"
Next second Mrs. Weasley was leaning on Lupin, crying onto his shoulder.
"Molly it was just a Boggart," Lupin soothed, patting her head. "Just a stupid Boggart..."
"I see them d - d - dead all the time!" Mrs. Weasley moaned. "All the 't - 't - time! I d - d - dream about it..."
Amie felt so sad for Mrs. Weasley, so she joined them on the floor and wrapped her up in a hug.
"It's going to be okay, Mrs. Weasley," she said, squeezing her tightly.
"You're right," Mrs. Weasley said, looking up. "D - d - don't tell Arthur," Mrs. Weasley gulped, drying her eyes. "I d - d - don't want him to know... being silly..."
Lupin handed her a handkerchief, and she blew her nose.
"Harry, I'm so sorry. What must you think of me?" she said shakily. "Not even able to get rid of a Boggart..."
"Don't be stupid," said Harry with a small, forced, smile.
"I'm just 's - 's - so worried," she said, tears forming in her eyes again. "Half the f - f - family's in the Order, it'll b - b - be a miracle if we all come through this... and P - P - Percy's not talking to us... what if something d - d - dreadful happens and we've never m - m - made it up with him? And what's going to happen if Arthur and I get killed, who's g - g - going to look after Ron and Ginny?"
"Molly that's enough," said Lupin in a firm voice. "This isn't like last time. The Order are better prepared, we've got a head start, we know what Voldemort's up to -"
Mrs. Weasley gave a shriek of fright at the sound of the name.
"Oh, Molly, come on, it's about time you got used to hearing his name - look, I can't promise no one's going to get hurt, nobody can promise that, but we're much better off than we were last time. You weren't in the Order then, you don't understand. Last time we were outnumbered twenty to one by the Death Eaters and they were picking us off one by one..."
"Don't worry about Percy," said Sirius suddenly. "He'll come round. It's only a matter of time before Voldemort moves into the open; once he does, the whole Ministry's going to be begging us to forgive them. And I'm not sure I'll be accepting their apology." he added bitterly.
"And as for who's going to look after Ron and Ginny if you and Arthur died," said Lupin with a small smile, "what'd you think we'd do, let them starve?"
Mrs. Weasley smiled.
"Being silly," she muttered again, wiping her eyes.
"We'll all be okay, Mrs. Weasley," said Amie, squeezing her shoulder. "I promise."
But in her bed a few minutes later, Amie pondered if she had been telling the truth or not.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Amie got up relatively early the next morning. That meant that she had extra time to get ready and eat breakfast, but somehow it was still hectic. There was commotion in all the house. At one point both Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Black in her portrait were screaming at the top of their lungs. Mrs. Weasley was yelling at the twins because their bewitched trunks had pushed Ginny down the stairs. Fortunately, she was okay. Meanwhile, Moody was complaining about being one man short on the guard, because Sturgis Podmore wasn't there. Amie was getting worried they'd miss the train. 
"WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!" Mrs. Weasley suddenly yelled, and Amie who was standing close to her hastily covered her ears. Hermione and Harry came downstairs with their trunks shortly after. "Harry, you're to come with me and Tonks," Mrs. Weasley shouted, over the screeches of Mrs. Black. "Leave you're trunk and your owl, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage... oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!"
The bear-like dog that is Sirius Black in his animagus form had suddenly appeared next to Harry, who was trying to get through the sea of trunks to Mrs. Weasley.
"Oh, honestly..." said Mrs. Weasley. "Well, on your own head be it!"
And she opened the door and left with Sirius and Harry, going to meet up with Tonks.