Last "chapter" plus summary

A/N: I haven't updated this story since January 2017, and I have lost all motivation for the story. What's written below is part of an update I worked on long ago, so I will post that, and at the end I will simply close the story by giving some closure.

Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The above is in accordance with
Educational Decree Number Twenty-eight.

Signed:
Cornelius Oswald Fudge

MINISTER OF MAGIC

The notices had gone up all over the school during the night. Surprisingly, every single student seemed to know that Dumbledore had overcome two Aurors, the High Inquisitor, the Minister of Magic, and his Junior Assistant to escape. Wherever Amie and the others went, the only topic of conversation was Dumbledore's flight. Most of the information was even accurate, which was surprising to Amie, given that Hogwarts had students that often twisted the truth out of stories after the first re-telling of them. Everyone was aware that Harry and Marietta were the only students in Dumbledore's office at the time, and since Marietta was in the hospital wing, Harry was bombarded with requests to give a firsthand account wherever he went.
"Dumbledore will be back before long," said Ernie Macmillan confidently as they all made their way back from Herbology, listening to Harry telling the story. "They couldn't keep him away in our second year and they won't be able to this time. The Fat Friar told me..." he dropped his voice secretively, so Amie, Harry, Ron and Hermione had to lean closer to hear, "...that Umbrdge tried to get back into his office last night after they'd searched the castle and the grounds for him. Couldn't get past the gargoyle. The Head's office has sealed itself against her." Ernie smirked. "Apparently she had a right little tantrum..."
"Oh, I expect she really fancied herself sitting up there in the Head's office," said Hermione viciously, as they walked up the steps into the entrance hall. "Lording it over all the other teachers, the stupid puffed-up, power-crazy old-"
"Now, do you really want to finish that sentence, Granger?"

It was Draco Malfoy of course. He'd slid out from behind the door, accompanied by Crabbe and Goyle, as usual. His pale face was alight with malice, as his eyes swept over them. Amie reckoned she was the only one to notice the slight shift in them as they moved past her.
"Afraid I'm going to have to dock a few points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff," he drawled.
"It's only teachers that can dock points from Houses, Malfoy," said Ernie at once.
"Yeah, we're prefects too, remember?" snarled Ron.
"I know prefects can't dock points, Weasel King," sneered Malfoy, making Crabbe and Goyle snigger. "But members of the Inquisitorial Squad -"
"The what?" said Hermione sharply.
"The Inquisitorial Squad, Granger," said Malfoy, pointing toward a tiny silver I upon his robes, just beneath his prefect's badge. "A select group of students who are supportive of the Ministry of Magic, hand-picked by Professor Umbridge. Anyway, members of the Inquisitorial Squad do have the power to dock points... So, Granger,  I'll have five points from you for being rude about our new headmistress... Macmillan, five for contradicting me... Five because I don't like you, Potter... Weasley, your shirt's untucked, so I'll have another five for that... Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're Mudbloods -" he said, indicating Amie and Hermione, "- so ten for that..."
Amie sucked in a deep breath. The next second her fist was in Malfoy's face. He staggered, clutching his nose, glaring at her.
"Ten more points, Jones! New Head, new times!"
He, Crabbe and Goyle strode away, probaby to the hospital wing to fix Malfoy's nose. This wasn't the first time he broke it, after all.
"He was bluffing," said Ernie, looking appalled. "He can't be allowed to dock points... that would be ridiculous... It would completely undermine the prefect system..."
But one quick look at the giant hourglass in the wall behind them showed that they had indeed lost House points. Gryffindor and Ravenclaw had been neck and neck in the lead that morning. As they watched, stones flew upward, reducing the amounts in the lower bulbs. The only glass that seemed unchanged was the emerald-filled one of Slytherin.