Chapter 3

I woke up to the door opening. I realized I fell asleep after getting dressed. I didn't even eat. I looked at the clock on the wall and it said seven twenty one. Wow that was a nap. I get up slowly and my stomach starts making noises. I turn and see Vick walking around in the kitchen. Her apartment was an open concept with two bedrooms and an office. She did some work on the kitchen with exposed brick and white quartz countertops. The cabinets were gray and crystal knobs. She really did a great job. The living room was all open with more exposed brick and a huge tv on the wall. Her brother made a cabinet along the bottom for storage. The dining room split up the kitchen and living room. Just an eight person table and a bar cart. She was not much of a cook, so I know it's just for decoration then anything.

"Hey B, did you eat yet?" she asks, setting a bag on the table.

"No forgot. I was too tired." I answer her while walking to the kitchen to join her. I rest on the counter and see she's all dressed up in heels and a green dress that's flowy. Her short blonde hair is all curled and she has gold jewelry on and a little white jacket. She slides her jacket off and her shoes.

"Okay good how about this we call Patrick and Brian. They put the bed together and we go get food and talk a bit?" Brian was her brother. He must be the one who helped this afternoon. "Go get changed if you want but I'm thinking Waynes?" she asks while pointing to me.

"Um not Waynes." I answered her, "How about Cliff Point? They have good fish."

"Okay, sounds good to me, food is food." She pulls her phone out and I hear her discuss the plan. I go into the spare room and pull my hair up in a bun. It's just a bit damp. Looking in the dresser mirror I can see the marks from my nap on my face and neck. I grab my bag with my make up and I put mascara on. I blush and I fix my eyebrows. I grab a cream colored cardigan I had in the box and pull that on over my white shirt and gray leggings I have on. I figured that was good enough.

"Okay all set Vick" I see her coming around the corner. Less dressy and slides her sandals on. I followed her move and out the door we went as we grabbed our bags and left the apartment.

It was only a short walk to the restaurant. We walked quietly the whole time down the pier, people watching. Laughing as we see crazy steve go by singing love is a battlefield out loud in his speedo and yellow dress shirt.

I see Greyson's stand and look at the water. As we got closer I got more panicked like I was unsure if he would talk to us or not. Then I saw him. He had his work short that was just a regular shirt with their logo on it. His hair was in a bun again and he now had cargo shorts and a pair of sandals on. He sees me and smiles with a wave.

"Hey" Vick says, waving back. I keep walking. "What the hell, why didn't you say hi. He did help you all night and day B."

"I know I'll tell you at dinner." I admit I do wave though just a bit meekly.

We make it to the Cliff Point. Locals just call it The Point. We get a table easily enough and order fish fry for us both with a cocktail. After the night I had , I needed one.

"Okay I gave ya time. What happened B." she asked, taking a sip of her drink. I take a sip of mine and sit back in the booth.

"Well yesterday was our one year anniversary. I made a big dinner. I told Zach to be home in time and what I was doing. I even told the club so it wouldn't be a late meeting. I waited for a long time. It got to be pretty late and I started cleaning up."

Our food showed up and waited to keep going. " Greyson was outside and I saw him and when I asked him he said he saw Zach at Waynes after he stood him up. They were supposed to meet up and talk for a minute in between the meeting and our dinner. He saw him with a blonde bimbo."