CHAPTER 2: Olympus Ball

We are late.

The Royals don't really mind, honestly. But since this is a gathering, they have to take the front of someone just and true. This is not the first time I have been late for any of their important ceremonial occasions, but again, punctuality is not my thing.

I remember one time Samuel, Adam, and I went out clubbing before attending the ceremony of the Red Moon, and we arrived tired, late, and tipsy. Fuck. We were in deep trouble. I saw the King amused but glaring at us nevertheless, declaring that the monarchs are fair and square. They made us clean the whole place afterward.

Piece of cake, but only if they stop spraying confetti every 10 minutes.

Alistair refused to side with us, linking us to how he felt betrayed that we went and had fun without him. In our defense, he said not to disturb him because he was helping the head chef prepare the food. We were cautious in how we cleaned the area, restricting the use of anything besides our bare hands in cleaning. A dream come true, I tell you (note the sarcasm).

Back to our current dilemma.

It's all because of this idiotic rooster who failed to tell me this was actually a masquerade ball. I have an idea that part was the Queen's idea of fun. I have heard rumors about the King and Queen being unfaithful to each other, and that gossip always gets wild during any masquerade ball. I confronted both of them but they didn't explicitly deny it nor confirm it.

When I asked Alistair and Aiden about it, they just laughed it off, dismissing it as baseless rumors, but the glint of deception in their eyes could not be denied.

Damn, this day can't get any better. So, with no other choice, Samuel and I went to the mall for a quick trip. Werewolf lands are places on the same planet but in different dimensions. The Olympus is in the center of Rimouski, but in the human dimension, at a frequency lower than us, that place is in Manhattan.

In order to enter a lower dimension, AKA the human world, we have to let go of our gifts that exceed those of a normal human. We just have to disable them by stepping into a meditative state for a minute and then boom! We are in the human world with only a free trial of basic sensory capability.

Samuel always visits the human realm in his pastime, and so, since he seemed to know more about this world, he decided to maneuver me into travelling for two hours just so we could buy a masquerade mask in a specific mall.

We were walking around with our hands in our stomachs and our minds felt so weak and dull. There's something in human food that always disables the natural senses and I hope it's not affecting them in any way.

I saw Samuel glancing across the food chain, and I hope I have my werewolf abilities right now because the least I can do is assume that he is looking at the human female waitress outside the chain giving flyers to the people walking around.

"Let's eat there!" I pointed at the food chain that matched the apron of that girl, but Samuel shook his head before dragging me to the opposite one.

My bait didn't work, but I was persistent to know what he was really looking at, so I pulled his hand towards the chain on the left while he pulled mine to the right.

"What's wrong with you?" He grit.

"I want to eat there!" I shouted in a whisper style that made him roll his eyes before dragging me to the chain in the right, I guess he won. I turned my head in the other direction to see the girl looking at us...or our hands specifically, with an unidentified emotion in her eyes.