CHAPTER 13: Spark

We shifted into our wolf form and have been trekking the Nietherin mountains for a while now. I walked steps ahead of everyone, and Levi was at the farthest back as I requested. I don't want to lash out at him after his revelation, so it's better if he maintains his distance from me.

We shifted back into our human form just a moment ago because the path is too narrow for our wolf forms. The branches of trees are scratching my face, and I can't even take a step forward if I don't push the twigs in front of me.

I feel so tired after just 30 minutes of walking, frustrated with the number of small scratches on my hands and face that heal and then open back up just as quickly.

"Let me help you." At my back, I heard Brody say. He then took steps in front of me, which made it easier for me. His muscular back covered me enough to avoid the branches and twigs in every step. I took a glance at my back and saw General Boscov holding the silver collar of Arkaiel. The collar was made specifically to track him if ever he attempted to escape on our journey. He can't remove it since it was one of the Kingdom's priceless possessions by the Moon Goddess. Aiden, on the other hand, is frowning at the amount of dirt he is receiving from the messy walk of General Gabe in front of him. I can't really see Levi's face, but I can distinguish his body at the back of Aiden's striding quietly.

I feel bad about dismissing him, but I really need to sort out my feelings first. He admitted that he knew that the Queen liked him. I'm not surprised. I kind of knew and bet on it from observing her body movements, facial expressions, and voice tone if my mate is around. But I was disappointed because there was a small part of me hoping that I was just mistaken. But apparently not.

That was just the sprinkle on top. What really made my blood boil was when he confessed that five months before the ball on Olympus, where we met, the King introduced the legionnaire of all legionnaires to the Queen. He was the hidden ace, lurking in the shadows, making sure things were intact and in their respective places. On that same day, the Queen went to his chamber to ask a couple of questions. He had entertained them since it was professional and it was her majesty. Unfortunately, the queen had a hidden agenda when she suddenly removed her robe, revealing lingerie and inviting Levi to her bed. Well, he said nothing happened. He declined the Queen and she left. I would have doubted him, but I knew better. Selena, the moon goddess, wrote a law on the stars the night of 1812.

"Those royals who would not uphold the morals of the werewolf community shall perish without reason and shall be convicted of treason."

They would have died in vain and embarrassment if they had slept. But what really annoyed me to the core is how much the Queen is willing to sacrifice just to sleep with my mate. Her life. Her mate. Her sons. Her throne. Her reputation. Her morals. Why would she risk all of that for Levi, I know he's fine, maybe the finest man in the werewolf community. That's a big thing to assume since werewolves are blessed with genetics that make them beautiful and even godly. Argh.

She's insufferable.

"How long 'til we get some rest, Torrey?" Aiden asked with an exhausted tone. Wow, he really has the audacity to complain about the number of energy bars he ate?

"Not too far, my dear child." Arkaiel said, with a voice so high-pitched. I would assume that is not my voice that he's impersonating.

"I'm serious, this is so tiresome." Aiden added while opening another bar of chocolate.

"Not used to peasant life, little prince?" Arkaiel teased. They've been bantering the whole trip. Aiden enjoyed making fun of Arkaiel's royal life because it made him appear spoiled and bratish, which he is. But the little prince won't back down that easily.