CHAPTER 20: Nuptial Union

I have seen werewolf marriage in the past a couple of times. But being in one didn't cross my mind a bit. Marriages are not necessary for werewolves, for the mate bond is the equivalent of the wedding ring. Werewolf marriages are typically limited to wolves in high positions, such as generals, city alphas, betas, and gammas, and royals. Depending on the wolf's position, the event's crowd size will be. As for the empress, you could fairly imagine that everyone is invited. It does not work the same way as humans do.

A knock came from the room, and I opened it to see Arkaiel. He has redeemed his loyalty by saving a pack of wolves last month near his mother's coven. Just last week, he was officially crowned as the Prince of the Witches. I look at him in his fine purple suit, matched with the purple rose I requested all men to wear in their little chest pouch at my wedding. He is wearing a suit with collars of gold. He kind of likes things flashy.

"Hi, Empress." He was greeted with a smirk. He strides with confidence oozing out of his aura. He looks well groomed, in contrast to the Arkaiel I met months ago. His hair is perfectly styled and pushed back at the back with a few strands falling down his forehead. He did a little bit of bowing while his one hand was curved on his stomach and one foot was bending slightly.

"Stop it, courtesy does not fit you." I said, rolling my eyes at him while flicking my hand in a dismissing manner. He called me with a whistle a couple of times, and now he wants to act decent? He released a laugh and threw his head back.

"You like me rude and wild?" He asked with a wink and a sly smirk. He has knocked him out a couple of times after his flirty innuendos. If I was him, I would have stopped. Being punched by a Lycan is not a pretty case. Apparently, this one takes a century to learn.

"No, I want you out." I said, making a phony smile that made him laugh again. He seems to be in such a great mood. I looked at him from head to toe, analyzing what's up with him.

"Are you checking me out? Damn, Torrey, your mate won't like this. But if you want me, you can have me. " He said dramatically while motioning one hand up and down. He even released a dramatic sigh, which made me roll my eyes.

"So, why are you here?" I asked, crossing my arms on my chest while tapping one of my feet on the side as I awaited his answer. I don't really like beating around the bush, but this man is the embodiment of that idiom.

"Just opening a proposition to marry me. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be wed to a man as fine as I. " He said, posing one hand on his forehead. He really is the drama.

"Close the door as you leave." I said to dismiss him, he looks like he's just here to cause trouble. I went back to the bed and slumped one side of my body while covering my face with a pillow.

"Seriously, I just want to help you." I heard Arkaiel say, pulling my ankle from the bed.

"I'm not allowing visitors hours before the wedding. How come you are here?" I asked him while throwing pillows on his face, which he dodged with his hands, swatting it away.

"I'm not into rules and I'm a prince, it comes with the privilege." He said, shrugging.

"Fine, since you're here, you might as well help me in preparing for the wedding." I said with a sigh. I have been stalling my time dressing up because every time I see the dress, my face matches the color of its pale white one.

"Well, done." He spoke some incantations and, with a snap of sparkling glitter, covered me from head to toe with an ankle-high dress of gold and purple.

"It's a wedding." I said, losing all my energy from interacting with this man.

"You look fabulous." He said he did not care about the event. He twirled me with his one hand and then proceeded to clap like a penguin.