CHAPTER 18: Recover

white light

Long static noise ringing in my ear.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~

"Where is she?" I saw the face of Samuel looking at me with anger.

"She's inside." I said, but the voice that resonated from me sounded deeper, like a man.

"Obviously, genius. I mean, where is she? Torrey? I contacted Reina and she didn't even know Torrey! " Samuel said, with frustration in his eyes.

"I would advise you to stop. Contacting Reina would make both of them tired." I said in a low voice, almost sad.

"How about Arkaiel? The witches on Brody's land? Can't we contact them for help? " Samuel asked, eyes bugged with desperation.

"What's happening to Torrey is in the hands of the Moon Goddess herself. Anyone who would have thought of intervening would face her wrath. I understand your sentiments, Samuel. She's your best friend. But I also want to remind you that she is my mate. I am feeling the same fear and desperation, but the least we can do is wait. " Levi said. So I am seeing this through Levi's eyes. Where am I?

"Come here, it's urgent!" Aiden shouted from the end of the hallway of what must be a hospital. Both Levi and Samuel ran. As they opened the door, I saw my body laying unconscious. I looked at Arkaiel sitting beside me with horror painted on his face.

"What happened?!" Levi asked, almost shouting.

"Reina is here; Torrey's body is here; Torrey's soul is not." Arkaiel said, while his hands were shaking.

"What do you mean by that?" Levi said, his voice shaking.

"I have no idea," Arkaiel said.

"Is she dead?" Levi asked, his voice breaking at the end.

"She might be." Arkaiel said, looking down.

I was suddenly sucked into something, and when I opened my eyes, I was in Olympus. I watched as the throne lay empty with the crown on its cushion. Olympus is quiet-

"-and useless. Torrey, Olympus has been quiet and useless for a while now. That is because the royals who sat on the throne do not belong to the crown. " A woman's loud voice was heard. She sat on the highest throne, 100 feet above the seat of the King, the seat of the Moon Goddess.

"Then why did you let them sit?" I asked back in return.

"Because you did not sit." She said teasingly, which made my blood boil.

"I was given the instruction to wait for my knight! Do not even for a moment think it is right to pass the blame to me when I was simply abiding by your orders. " I exclaimed.

"My orders? Was I the one who told you that you needed a knight? " She said, amused. She wasn't. It was the man of the previous empress.

"No, then if you claim that there was misinformation, why didn't you intervene?" I asked. I can't believe that this is all my fault. Surely we can share the blame between the two of us.

"Torriana, why didn't you intervene when Omegas were treated unjustly in your kingdom?" She asked a question that made me speechless for a moment.

"I didn't know." I whispered.

"I didn't know either, Torrey. I didn't know that you were waiting for a knight all along. I thought you were stalling. I thought you were irresponsible. I thought you were unworthy. I wanted to snatch the royal bangle from you, but then it was etched into you, leaving an inked mark on your arm. It was frustrating on my part, but Hestia, the goddess herself, made that bangle to have a life of its own. " She said, smiling. I had a clear view of her face and it was angelic. The features looked so soft with no harsh edges that are usually depicted on her statues.