Asylum [3]

Dean and Phoenix waited outside the office when Sam walked past.

"Dude! You were in there forever." Dean complained, "What the hell were you talking about?"

"Just the hospital, you know," Sam shrugged.

"And...?" Phoe pandered.

"And the south wing? It's where they housed they housed the really hard cases. The psychotics, the criminally insane,"

"Sounds cozy," Dean said.

"Yeah. And one night in '64, they rioted. Attacked staff. Attacked each other,"

"So the patients took over the asylum?" Phoenix asked.

"Apparently,"

"Any deaths?" Dean questioned.

"Some patients, some staff." Sam shrugged "I guess it was pretty gory. Some of the bodies were never even recovered, including the chief of staff, Ellicott,"

Phoe quirked an eyebrow "Whaddaya mean, never recovered?"

"Cops scoured every inch of the place but I guess the patients must've...stuffed the bodies somewhere hidden,"

"That's grim," Dean said.

"Yeah. So, they transferred all the remaining patients and closed the hospital down,"

"So, to sum it up, we've got a bunch of violent deaths and a bunch of unrecovered bodies,"

"And a bunch of angry spirits," Phoenix added.

"Good times. Let's check out the hospital tonight,"

***

Phoenix pushed open the door to the asylum, the Winchesters beside her.

Sam was holding a video camera and flashlight, Dean an EMF meter.

"Getting any readings?" Phoe wondered.

"Yeah," Dean replied "big time,"

"This place is orbing like crazy," Sam noted.

"Probably multiple spirits out and about. And if these uncovered bodies are causing the haunting..."

"We gotta find 'em and burn 'em." Dean finished "Just be careful though,"

Phoenix scoffed "The only thing that makes me more nervous than a pissed-off spirit...is the pissed-off spirit of a psycho killer,"

The trio kept looking and moving into separate rooms. After a minute Phoe saw an old woman with white hair, one eye bloody and hanging, moving toward her.

Phoenix sparked her power.

"Phoe, get down!" Dean shouted.

Phoe barely had enough time to duck when Dean shot the woman.

The woman disintegrated.

"That was weird," Phoenix said.

"Yeah. You're telling me," Dean started moving out of the room.

"No, Dean, I mean it was weird that she didn't attack me,"

"Looked pretty aggro from where I was standing,"

"She didn't hurt me. She didn't even try!" Phoe argued, "So if she didn't wanna hurt me then what did she want?"

A noise came from a room they were passing.

Dean immediately raised his shotgun and Phoenix flicked on the flashlight and shined it into the room.

They approached a metal bed covered in a ragged sheet, on its side.

Phoe nodded for Sam to tip the bed over.

A girl spun around, terrified and gasping.

"It's alright," Sam reasoned "we're not going to hurt you. It's okay. What's your name?"

"Katherine." The girl replied "Kat,"

"Okay. I'm Dean, this is Sam, and this is Phoenix," Dean introduced.

"What are you doing here?!" Sam demanded.

"Um. My boyfriend, Gavin," Kat replied.

"Is he here?" Phoenix asked.

"Somewhere. He thought it would be fun, try and see some ghosts. I thought it was all just...you know. Pretend. I've seen things. I heard Gavin scream and..."

"Alright." Dean interrupted "Kat? Come on. Phoe's gonna get you out of here and then we're gonna find your boyfriend,"

"No!" Kat negated "No. I'm not going to leave without Gavin. I'm coming with you,"

"It's no joke around here, okay." Phoe said "It's dangerous,"

"That's why I gotta find him,"

Dean, Sam, and Phoenix looked at each other.

Phoe shrugged.

Dean sighed in defeat "Alright, I guess we gonna split up then. Let's go,"

***

Kat and Phoenix were paired together as they walked through the asylum.

"Gavin...Gavin?" Kat called out.

"I have a question for you." Phoe said, "You've seen a lot of horror movies?"

"I guess so,"

Phoenix stopped walking to face Kat "Do me a favor. Next time you see one? Pay attention. When someone says a place is haunted...don't go in!"

Phoe and Kat continued through the hallway when the flashlight began to fade.

"Ok." Phoenix huffed "I know you're afraid, but it doesn't mean you gotta hurt my arm,"

Kat looked at Phoe in confusion "What are you talking about?"

They turned to look at each other and realized they were too far apart to be touching.

Phoenix looked down and saw a disembodied hand clutching her arm. "Shit," she was dragged into a room, the metal door slamming behind her.