Skin [5]

Dean looked up as the Phoenix came into the motel room "And here I thought we were gonna have to send a search party," he teased.

Phoe looked around "Where's Sam?"

"Went to the library to get some more research done,"

"When will he be back?"

Dean shrugged "You know him. The library's like a second home to him,"

Phoenix giggled at that causing Dean to quirk an eyebrow. "It's funny. I kind of understand the Shapeshifter. They're all alone-close to no one. All they want is for someone to love them." She placed a hand on her necklace "They're like me." She looked up at Dean with a flirtatious look in her eye "You understand, everybody needs a little human touch now and then." Phoe sat on Dean's lap and looked him in the eyes "It's so hard to be different,"

The two kissed.

Dean didn't react immediately after all this is what he's been dreaming of doing since he laid on eyes on the fiery redhead and learned that she knew about the hunter lifestyle. Dean stopped however when he noticed a slight silver reflection come from Phoenix's eyes. He glared at the shapeshifter in front of him "You're not Phoe..."

The Shapeshifter smirked "Aren't you a clever boy," they reached behind Dean and took the empty beer bottle and hit him over the head.

Dean fell over, unconscious.

The shapeshifter brushed Dean's hair "One down, one to go,"

***

The Shapeshifter finished tying up Dean's hands and feet, then started walking around the motel room.

"What are you gonna do to me?" Dean wondered, stalling for time as he figured that eventually Sam or the real Phoenix would arrive, or that he would at least be able to get himself out of the rope.

"Oh, I'm not gonna do anything." The Shapeshifter looked at Dean "Phoenix will, though...and then when Sammy gets here...he'll be so distraught over the death of his own brother that it'll seem as if he killed himself," The Shapeshifter explained as they picked up a sharp knife and examined it. "I must say, I will be sorry to lose this skin. Phoe...she's got a lot of good qualities. You should appreciate her more than just as a hookup." The Shapeshifter picked up the knife and stuck it to the table.

Sam burst into the room "Dean!" he raised his gun at the shapeshifter.

The Shapeshifter smirked at Sam "And here I thought I was gonna have to hunt you down..but look at that you came by yourself,"

"You're not Phoe," Sam glowered.

"No, I'm not. But I don't think even you know who Phoenix really is,"

Sam was confused enough by the Shapeshifter's words that the Shapeshifter was able to grab Sam's arm and twisted it.

Sam fell to the ground.

"Oh, you son of a bitch," Dean growled.

"You'll get your chance," The Shapeshifter teased.

Sam tried to pin the shapeshifter down.

"Not bad, Sammy," The Shapeshifter threw Sam into the coffee table, pinning Sam to the floor and started to choke him.

"Sam!" Dean exclaimed as he struggled against the ropes.

The Shapeshifter shrugged "I figured I would get you after and have little Phoe watch..but I guess I can reverse the roles," The Shapeshifter was pushed off Sam.

"Hey!"

Everyone in the room turned and saw Phoenix standing at the door, and she was pissed.

Phoe kept her gaze on the shapeshifter "Sam, get Dean and get out of here,"

"Phoenix..." Sam tried to reason.

"Now! Samuel!"

Sam did as he was told and untied Dean.

The duo hurried out of the motel room.

"I want to watch the son of a bitch get what he deserves!" Dean grumbled.

"Trust me, Dean. One thing you don't want to do is get between Phoenix when she's pissed," Sam sighed as they got to the Impala. He looked back up at the Motel room, hoping Phoenix would be able to handle herself.

***

Phoenix watched from the corner of her eyesight as the boys left the motel room.

"Don't want the boys to watch as I kick your ass...smart move," The Shapeshifter smirked only to frown as they watched Phoe.

Phoenix walked to the motel room door and locked the door in case the boys tried to get back in. "We never finished our chat..." Phoe claimed as she stared down the Shapeshifter "You had assumed my brother and father left me..." her eyes began to glow with light "when in fact I left them. You believed I had shown you the power that I had contained..."

The room became engulfed in bright light.

"I only showed you a smidge of what I'm capable of,"

The Shapeshifter slunk back as the light grew brighter and a shadow seemed to unfold from behind Phoenix... "mercy,"

Phoenix glared at the Shapeshifter "You threatened the Winchesters...and I can not allow that!" She held out her hand touching the Shapeshifter's head.

The shapeshifter screamed out in agony.

***

Dean was by the Impala as Sam was looking at a map.

Rebecca and Phoenix came outside of Rebecca's house.

"I don't know what happened...but some guy went to the police station and admitted to Emily's murder. They found the murder weapon in the guy's lair, Zack's clothes stained with her blood. The guy claimed he was able to tamper the tape to get it to look like Zack did it..." Rebecca sighed in relief "Zack will be released soon...you sure you can't stay? I'm sure he'd be glad to see you."

Phoe smiled sadly "We've still got some traveling to do,"

Rebecca hugged Phoenix "You always were a runner,"

Phoe shrugged "What can I say, I hate being stuck in one place for so long,"

Rebecca looked back towards the boys "Seems your stuck with them. And that Dean guy is not bad looking,"

Phoenix looked down at her necklace "He's not my type,"

Rebecca looked down at the necklace that Phoe messed around with "Whoever he is. He's one lucky guy,"

Phoenix smiled sadly at Rebecca "Yeah...he was," Phoe walked over to the Impala.

Dean, Sam, and Phoenix got in the car as Dean drove off.

"You never explained how you got the guy to confess..." Dean mentioned. "...especially since he didn't do it,"

Phoe continued looking out the window "He was guilty of similar crimes...he just hadn't been caught yet. So he'll be sentenced for Emily's murder and the other one the shapeshifter caused, and thanks to an anonymous tip he'll go down for his other crimes as well. Leaving him stuck behind bars for a very long time,"

"I am curious though..." Dean spoke up "do you kiss like that as well...or..."

"Dean..." Sam chastised as he hit his brother's arm. Sam looked back at Phoe through the rearview mirror "What he meant to say is...It's good to have you back Phoe,"

Phoenix sighed as she fiddled with her necklace. "Yeah..."