Skin [2]

Phoenix sat on Rebecca's couch as she looked over her laptop having been able to hack into the police database and obtain the security footage from outside Zack's house.

The tape showed Zack entering his house.

"22:04, that's just after ten." Phoe muttered, "Time of death was about 10:30." She overlooked the paperwork from Zack's lawyers "The lawyers hired some kind of video expert. Says the tape's authentic. It wasn't tampered with," her eyes flickered from the papers to the tape when she noticed something.

"How's it going in here?" Becca spoke up causing Phoenix to quickly scramble with the papers she had.

"It's...going," Phoe managed to say "What would be great though is a couple of beers..."

"Sure," Rebecca headed towards the kitchen.

"...maybe some sandwiches, too?"

"What do you think this is, Hooters?"

Phoenix only laughed as she turned her attention back towards the computer. Phoe rewound the tape, then replayed it.

One of the frames showed Zack looking directly at the camera. His eyes were silver. "Well...hello, there,"

***

Phoenix once again parked her rental car behind Zack's house and got out. "Alright, the videotape shows the killer goin' in, but not comin' out," She looked around the outside of the building, and noticed blood smeared on a nearby telephone pole. "Blood. Somebody came this way...but the trail ends,"

An ambulance drove past, causing Phoe to look away from the current crime scene.

***

Phoenix walked up to the scene as an Asian man was handcuffed and was stepping into a police car. She smirked when she saw the Winchesters standing in front of the event. "Thought you said this wasn't your kind of problem?"

Dean glanced back and rolled his eyes as Sam smirked. "I didn't feel right with you working a case by yourself,"

"Oh...so this is a case now?"

"What'd you find out?" Sam asked.

Phoe nodded towards where the Asian Man was lead off by the police. "I just talked to the patrolman who was first on the scene, heard this guy, Alex's story. Apparently, the dude was driving home from a business trip when his wife was attacked,"

"So, he was two places at once,"

"Exactly. Then he sees himself in the house, police think he's a nut job." Phoenix reached into her pocket and showed the boys the printed image from the security video. "And I have an idea on what it is we're hunting,"

Dean looked over the picture of the silver eyes.

"Every culture in the world has shapeshifter lore. You know, legends of creatures who can transform themselves into animals or other men,"

"Right, skinwalkers, werewolves," Sam listed

"We've got two attacks within blocks of each other. I'm guessing we've got a shapeshifter prowling the neighborhood,"

"Let me ask you this-in all this shapeshifter lore, can any of them fly?" Dean questioned.

Phoe pursed her lips in thought before shaking her head "Not that I know of,"

"I picked up a trail here. Someone ran out the back of this building and headed off this way,"

"Just like at Zack's house, the trail suddenly ends. I mean, whatever it is just disappeared,"

"Well, there's another way to go...down,"

They looked down and noticed a manhole.

Phoenix's face scrunched up in disgust.

Dean smirked, "What's the matter, Princess, afraid of getting dirty?"

"No..." Phoe climbed down the manhole and looked around "Just hate the smell. It tends to linger no matter how many showers you take,"

"I bet this runs right by Zack's house, too," Sam noted as he joined Phoenix "The shapeshifter could be using the sewer system to get around,"

"I think you're right. Look at this,"

They bent down and examined a pile of blood and skin on the ground.

"Is this from his victims?" Dean took out a pocket knife and held up some of the skin.

"You know, I just had a sick though. When the shapeshifter Changes shape-maybe it sheds,"

"That is sick," Dean put the bloody pile back on the ground.

Phoe smirked, "Too dirty for you princess?"

"Shut up,"