Dead in the Water

Inside a restaurant, Dean was eating while Phoenix was circling obituaries in a newspaper.

Phoe circled an obituary that read:

Carlton, Sophie-The Carlton family is sad to announce the death of their beloved daughter in a tragic swimming accident. Sophie Carlton, 18, was having her...Lake Manitoc WI, an...suddenly...

Phoenix looked up when a waitress, whose nametag said Wendy, approached.

"Can I get you anything else?" Wendy asked

Dean looked up from his burger and grinned.

Sam came over and sat down next to Dean "Just the check, please,"

"Okay," Wendy walked away.

Dean dropped his head, then looked at Sam "You know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while." he pointed to Wendy walking away; she was wearing short shorts "That's fun,"

Phoe looked at Dean with an exasperated look as she handed the boys the newspaper "Here, take a look at his. I think I got one. Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walked into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water; nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either,"

"They had a funeral two days ago," Dean noted

"A funeral?" Sam asked

Phoenix glared over at Dean as he looked over at the redhead with an 'oops' written all over his face.

"Yeah, they buried an empty coffin. For, uh, closure or whatever," Dean continued as Phoenix gave him another glare to stop talking.

"Closure? What closure? People don't just disappear, Dean. Other people just stop looking for them,"

Phoenix slammed her head into the table.

"Something you want to say to me?" Dean demanded

"The trail for Dad. It's getting colder every day," Sam argued

"Exactly. So what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know. Something. Anything,"

"You know what? I'm sick of the attitude. You don't think I wanna find Dad as much as you do?"

"Yeah, I know you do, it's just..."

"I'm the one that's been with him every single day for the past two years, while you've been off to college going to pep rallies."

Phoe scoffed at the notion.

"We will find Dad, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?"

Sam rolled his eyes.

Wendy walked by, distracting Dean.

"All right, Lake Manitoc." Phoenix continued, she snapped her fingers in front of Dean to gain his attention back "Hey!"

Dean returned his attention to Phoe "Huh?"

"How far?"

***

The Impala drove past a sign that read 'Welcome to Lake Manitoc WI' before pulling up in front of the Carlton house.

Dean knocked on the door.

Will Carlton opened it.

"Will Carlton?" Dean asked

"Yeah, that's right,"