Faith [Final]

Sam threw the altar down in duress toward Phoenix being in trouble.

The brothers turned when the cellar doors were slammed shut and locked.

"Can't you see?" Sue Ann voiced from the other side "The Lord chose me to reward the just and punish the wicked. And your female friend is wicked. And she deserves to die, just as Layla deserves to live. It's God's will. Goodbye, boys,"

***

Phoenix froze as the streetlights began to go out, she turned around and saw the reaper "You don't have to do this. You know what I am," she focused on her power, but the reaper was quicker and placed his hand on her head. Phoenix's eyes began to flutter as she fell to the ground. Phoenix took out her blade and aimed to stab the reaper, but the reaper took his other hand to grip her wrist. "No...no...no...."

"Phoenix!" Sam called out as he hurried over to the redhead.

***

Dean saw Sue Ann standing outside the tent; he looked through the flaps and saw Layla being healed. He almost wanted to let it happen and once the ritual was complete stop, Sue Ann.

"Phoenix!" Sam's voice shouted from across the park.

Dean shook his head, remembering that it was his friend's life that was being targeted, and stumbled into Sue Ann causing her to drop the cross, the centerpiece shattering.

"My God!" Sue Ann cried as she knelt over the remnants of her spell. "What have you done?!"

"He's not your god," Dean voiced as he saw the reaper appear in front of Sue Ann.

The reaper placed his hand on Sue Ann's face.

The woman fell to the ground; the life drained from her body.

Dean hurried over to where he heard Sam and saw his younger brother carrying Phoenix in his arms. "Is she..."

Sam shook his head "She's still breathing, just unconscious. You?"

Dean sighed as he glanced back towards the tent. "Hell of a week,"

"Yeah," Sam agreed. "Come on. We should get going,"

***

Phoenix looked into the hospital room where Layla was lying in a hospital bed for what she deemed were her final moments.

Layla's mother was sitting depressed in mourning in the chair next to her. She glanced up as she noticed Phoenix standing by the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to answer her prayers," Phoenix admitted as she walked further into the room.

"Wh..." Layla's mother stood up as Phoenix placed a hand on Layla's head. "What are you doing?! Get away from her! Who let you in here!" she was frozen as a golden light illuminated from Phoenix's hand and she could see the slight shadow of wings appear behind the redhead "My God,"

Phoenix took a step back once her work was done.

"What did you do? Is she..."

Phoenix nodded. "She is cured,"

Layla's mother's eyes filled with tears. "Oh, thank you. Thank you!"

Phoenix glared over at the woman. "I didn't do this for you, and I was never here,"

With that Phoenix disappeared and reappeared outside the motel room. 

Phoenix took a deep breath and opened the door.

Dean was sitting on the bed. "Where were you?"

"I was checking up on Layla at the hospital,"

"Forget I asked," Dean muttered bitterly.

"Dean..." Phoenix said, "She's gonna make it,"

Dean looked at Phoenix in shock. "What?"

"Yeah, I overheard a doctor talking...no more brain tumor. Layla Rourke is gonna live the remainder of her life in comfort,"

"But the ritual wasn't finished. You're not dead," Dean pointed out.

Phoenix shrugged. "Maybe he took enough of my life to heal her. You never know; the world works in mysterious ways,"

Dean snorted with a smirk. "Yeah, right,"