21: Hunter's girl

WE QUICKLY HEADED to Bloom Hotel, where Elisha and Erazius were staying. Marcus carried Vandre while holding my hand with his other hand. We entered the elevator going up to the hotel. "An elevator!" Vandre exclaimed joyfully as he clapped his hands.

I smiled. "Yes, Vandre. It's an elevator."

"We're going to visit our friends, baby. Aunt Elisha and Uncle Erazius," Marcus said gently.

"Uncle... Erazius? Aunt... Elisha?"

Marcus nodded. "Yes, love."

The elevator chimed, and we arrived at the floor where the twins' unit was. As soon as we reached the door, it opened. I gently pushed it and was met with the wide smiles of Elisha and Erazius. Tears streamed down my face as I saw them. I rushed to hug them and started crying. "I'm so sorry... I'm sorry," I said.

"I'm sorry too... I'm really sorry. I was so immature..." Elisha said, sobbing.

"I'm sorry too for not being there," Zius said softly, gently stroking my back.

"I'm okay now. You don't have to say sorry. I missed you both so much," I said as I hugged them tightly.

"Mommy... don't cry," it was Vandre's little voice.

I let go of my hug and wiped my cheeks, smiling at the twins. Their eyes widened as they exchanged glances between Vandre and me. I quickly took Vandre from Marcus' arms and walked over to the twins. "Meet our son, Marc Vandre..." I said, beaming. I looked at Vandre. "Meet Uncle Zius and Aunt Eli, baby."

"It's nice to meet you... Uncle... Zius and A-Aunt Elisha..." Vandre said shyly. "Do you... have ice cream?"

Zius chuckled softly while Elisha took Vandre from me. Zius pinched Vandre's cheek before he excused himself to get some ice cream. I looked at Marcus, who was smiling widely. "Our child really takes after you... always hungry," I said to him.

"Of course, Fitzmael 'yan..." he said with a wide grin.

"Let's sit here for a moment..." Eli suggested.

I was startled when Marcus held my hand and led me to the chair.

"ARE YOU TWO together now?" Eli asked teasingly.

I immediately shook my head. "No."

"Not yet..." Marcus replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Duh!"

He pouted. "I love you, mahal."

I flinched. I wasn't used to it. Even back then, we were never really together, so it felt weird to hear that. "Whatever," I muttered.

We didn't head home right away because the twins wanted us to have lunch there. Marcus and I were fine with it, and Vandre was really happy to see them. I learned about the struggles they had faced in the past few years. They suffered, too, and I was heartbroken hearing their stories. Marcus and I felt frustrated because we couldn't help them. In fact, not many people knew what had happened to them, they didn't want to let anyone else know.

Every person truly has their own battles. I was just glad that they were doing okay now.

WHEN WE GOT home, Ren still wasn't there. Just then, Marcus' parents called and asked us to come over because they wanted to see Vandre. They were already spoiling him, and I could only shake my head.

Later that evening, Ren suggested we celebrate their first day at work. We agreed since Serene and Marcus' parents couldn't get enough of our little one.