Finale: His dreams

MARCUS JACE FITZMAEL

"MARCUS, WAKE UP! Damn it!" Ren shook me hard.

When I opened my eyes, I quickly looked for Jarzaiah, who had been sitting beside me before I fell asleep. Instead, I saw Imil pacing back and forth, reprimanding the bouncers. Cedar was busy on his phone, and Archer was drinking a lot of coffee while rubbing his temples. All of them, including Ren, looked worried and frustrated. "What the hell is happening?" I said as I stood up.

"Some guys took Jarzaiah and Amelie. It was caught on the CCTV," Ren said, trembling. I could see fear in his eyes. "They were talking, and then someone knocked them out with a chloroform-soaked handkerchief."

Imil quickly grabbed something from behind his jacket. I froze when I saw a gun—he attached the silencer and aimed it at his bouncers.

"You're going to regret this, Imil!" Archer stood up.

"Fuck!" Imil exclaimed. "Ren, have you called Due yet?"

"Yes. Due said the plate number isn't real. They're trying to find other CCTV footage as we speak."

I WAS TREMBLING, unable to process the situation as everything unfolded rapidly. "Who took them?" I asked, my voice tinged with panic, and a tear rolled down my cheek. The gravity of the moment weighed heavily on me, heightening my anxiety as I sought clarity amid the chaos.

"We don't know yet. They've been missing for four hours now. I got drunk earlier, and when I sobered up... I got worried, so I checked if Jarzaiah was still ordering our pulutan, but Aaron said she wasn't even there," Imil explained.

I looked down and buried my face in my hands. "I—I can't do anything..."

Hunter, the guy who kissed Jarzaiah, barged into the room with an emotionless expression. "What happened?"

"Are you done with that spy?" Imil asked, still typing something on his phone.

"Yes. He gave me this picture," Hunter said, showing it to us. "He didn't say anything, but I think it has something to do with this. Where's Jarzaiah, then? She must be in danger."

"That's what I was about to tell you. Jarzaiah and Amelie were kidnapped four hours ago. Do you know them?"

"They're my family's enemies. We have plenty of them."

"Yes?" Archer said, speaking into his phone. "Due said the van was last spotted four hours ago at an abandoned building, but I think they just switched vehicles," he told Imil and Hunter while continuing to type on his laptop. "Do you recognize these guys? I managed to get a clear photo of their faces from one of the CCTV footages."

"Shit! I know that place. There's a mansion near that building—that's where Alessandro lives. Let's go. Imil, call Sniper, Tre, and Quattro," Hunter ordered Imil.

I didn't understand any of this.

"HOW MANY GUYS are there?" Hunter asked.

"Four guys did the kidnapping. I'm trying to hack their phones inside the mansion, but the reception is weak, so it might take a while. I need to get closer to them," Archer said, standing up while still focused on his laptop.

Cedar and I immediately stood up.

Hunter looked at us, and his cold stare sent shivers down my spine. "Both of you are not coming."

"But she's my girlfriend! She's the mother of our child! I can't just sit here!" I shouted.

Hunter looked at Imil as if they were communicating telepathically. Suddenly, he nodded at me before turning his attention to Cedar. "But you're not coming."