11: Never mine

I QUICKLY STEPPED out of the cubicle and splashed some water on my face. I fixed myself up a bit before calling Franco. "F-Franco..." I said when he answered.

"Hello? Are you alright?" he said. I could hear the worry in his voice.

"Are you busy?"

"Kind of. We're setting up a booth for tomorrow," he replied.

"Can I see you? I promise I won't bother you."

He chuckled. "Sure. Where are you?"

"I'm on my way. Saan banda ang booth niyo?"

"I'll just meet you at our department's cafeteria," he suggested.

I smiled. "Okay..." I hurriedly walked to their cafeteria. I saw Franco waving and smiling at me. "Kanina ka pa bang naghihintay?"

"Not really," he replied, his eyebrows furrowed. "Did you cry?"

I shook my head. "No..."

"Are you lying to me?"

His cold voice sent shivers down my spine, and I suddenly felt scared. I kissed him on the lips—a quick kiss to calm him down. "Yes, I cried," I admitted.

"And why were you crying?" he asked.

"They're mad at me..." I said, looking down as tears began to fall again. He gently wiped them away. "Please, I don't want to talk about it," I begged.

FRANCO NODDED AND took my hand, leading me to their booth. It was a photo booth. Not all the med tech students were present. Some were busy with sports. He sat me down in a chair. "By the way, we're heading back to the hospital tomorrow. The other students will take over the photo booth," he said.

I frowned. "Hindi tayo magkikita?"

"Sadly, yes. But I will pick you up. We're just really busy since it's my final year."

I pouted. "Okay. I understand."

"Franco... dad's looking for you. He's in the office now," I didn't need to turn around. I recognized Marcus' voice.

Franco glanced at me. "Honey, just stay here for a bit. I'll go check on dad, okay?"

I nodded. "I'll just help with your department's booth. It's boring here without you," I said.

He smiled. "Sure. Just don't tire yourself out, okay?" Then he looked at Marcus. "Why does he want to see me?"

"I have no idea. He came by to see if the students are getting ready for the upcoming event," Marcus replied.

"Okay, just go. Your dad might be waiting for you. I'll wait here for you, alright?" I spoke.

HE NODDED AND kissed me on the lips. After Franco left, I approached the students he was talking to earlier. They didn't look like his classmates. They seemed to be first or second-year students, around my age. I tapped one of the guys on the shoulder. "Anong year kayo?"

"Second year," he replied.

"Wala ba ritong mga graduating students?"

He furrowed his brow. "There are some, but they're just working on the design because they're really busy. We're the ones setting up whatever idea they had for the booth."

I nodded. "That makes sense. Anyway, can I help?"

"Are you a med student?" he asked.

I shook my head. "But I want to help."