16: Amelie Santiago

AFTER OUR CONVERSATION, I called my family in Canada. We had visited them a few months ago, and they were overjoyed to hear about my child. I told them about what happened with Franco and Marcus. At first, they were angry with the Fitzmaels, but I explained that I was okay now and had healed from everything. I had also forgiven them.

The one most affected by what happened was my younger sibling, Kaz. There's a four-year age gap between us. He was still angry at Marcus' family. We talked for almost two hours.

I saw Ren drinking, so I went over to him. Archer was watching Vandre, so I was fine with having a drink. I grabbed a shot glass and poured some whiskey.

"I'm not going to get drunk. There's no one to take care of you," Ren said.

I nodded. He led me to the living room, turned on the TV, and picked something for us to watch. I grabbed some chips because I found the drink a bit bitter. "Zaiah, what are you expecting when you go home?" Ren asked.

"Nothing. I don't want to have any expectations and risk being disappointed. What matters most to me is Vandre."

He patted my back. "Whatever happens, I'm here for you. Archer and I will always be by your side."

I smiled at him and took a drink from what he offered. I felt a little dizzy, so I leaned against Ren's arm. "But I'm just scared... not for myself, but for Vandre. I don't want to end up fighting with Marcus over custody," I confessed.

"I'll make sure it won't happen."

"I'M DRUNK," I said after drinking with Ren for over an hour. Just as I was about to stand up, I suddenly felt like I was going to throw up. "S-Sorry, Ren. I think I drank too much."

He just laughed at me. "It's okay." He helped me stand up, and we headed straight to the bathroom.

I threw up and then took a shower. Ren couldn't bathe right away because he had to clean up my mess in the living room. He also gave me a robe. When I came out, the living room was already clean. I carefully went upstairs and headed straight to the room where Vandre was sleeping. I lay down there still wearing the robe.

Archer frowned at me. "Don't make any noise!" he whispered grumpily.

I chuckled softly. He closed the door. Ren suddenly walked in, looking like he had just showered. Archer approached Ren. "Shh! I just got him to sleep!"

It felt like the two of them were Vandre's parents, and I was just joining their little family. I couldn't help but shake my head and laugh.

Ren nodded and came closer to me. "Do you want to get dressed, or are you okay wearing that?"

"I want clothes," I replied briefly.

He nodded, understanding what I meant. Once he got me dressed, he brought me to my room, which was connected to Vandre's. "You should sleep now. Archer and I will be sleeping in Vandre's room. Goodnight, Andrea."

I smiled. "Goodnight, William..."

"GREETINGS TO MY lovely passenger, Jarzaiah, to my best friend, Archer, and to our little one, Vandre. This is your captain speaking. I'd like to welcome you aboard my new private plane. The time is 2:15 AM. The cabin crew will be coming around to bring your favorite food. Our flight will take thirteen hours and forty-eight minutes, but since the weather is good, expect to arrive eight minutes early. Sit back and relax. We're ready for take-off," Ren announced over the speaker.

I chuckled at his announcement, while Archer seemed utterly bored. He was gently rocking Vandre since the noise from Ren had woken him up. Archer and I spent our time eating, sleeping, and taking turns watching Vandre. Thankfully, Vandre was a good baby and didn't cry very often.